The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 1 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just my 2c, Luongo's jersey shouldn't be retired due to one reason: goalies have like 6 numbers that they wear. #1 and 30-35. 

If he earned a cup then I'd retire it but if a goalie comes along that puts up decent stats and wins it I think earns it. 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Every year. Does it change?. I’m not holding my breath. There’s nothing to be excited about because there’s no direction. Us fans get the short end of the stick here. It would just be nice to have them come out and tell us what the hell is happening.

I’m not a tanker or whatever at heart but if they came out and said we need to rebuild or something like that then at least i can have my mind put to rest at what direction we are going. At least then I can get excited about the draft knowing the won’t trade picks or whatever. Actually think about real trade offers etc. Right now it just feels like nothing land. The Miller signing and not fixing the defence just threw everything in the blender. It’s a clusterpuck 

Yup, no real direction from this team and it’s painful and exhausting for fans that want to see a cup.

It makes sense for fans to get the short end of the stick and be attached to players.

However management getting attached to a team that they didn’t even build is confusing af to me. Should’ve just kept Benning if that was the case.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

One thing to consider is that even if they decided to sell a few assets, they would've had to wait into January, February, or even March before other teams would build up cap space to take on someone. 

That’s true. I guess it’s just deflating that they didn’t really do anything last season or the off-season that really makes sense as far as a direction or the future. Same defence is an epic fail

23 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

I'm sitting at my in-laws in Michigan laughing at all the banter on this forum and watching Bob Ross while enjoying a rum and coke :lol:

Time to roll a “ happy little joint” and stare at some Xmas lights or something more interesting than this disaster!

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1