The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 1 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Florida Panthers - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Westcoasting said:

Time to roll a “ happy little joint” and stare at some Xmas lights or something more interesting than this disaster!

bob ross GIF

Our defence could be renamed as a "happy little accident" 

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Every year. Does it change?. I’m not holding my breath. There’s nothing to be excited about because there’s no direction. Us fans get the short end of the stick here. It would just be nice to have them come out and tell us what the hell is happening.

I’m not a tanker or whatever at heart but if they came out and said we need to rebuild or something like that then at least i can have my mind put to rest at what direction we are going. At least then I can get excited about the draft knowing the won’t trade picks or whatever. Actually think about real trade offers etc. Right now it just feels like nothing land. The Miller signing and not fixing the defence just threw everything in the blender. It’s a clusterpuck 

Same here …. I’d be good with them just saying our 1st is off the table this year (or the next three), so we can restock our depth. No scary ‘rebuild’ labels…just common sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Devron said:

That’s true. I guess it’s just deflating that they didn’t really do anything last season or the off-season that really makes sense as far as a direction or the future. Same defence is an epic fail

The defence has been an epic fail for years since there was no plan ever to replace Edler and Tanev. The canucks have spent very little draft capital in general but even less on defence the last 15 years. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Yup, no real direction from this team and it’s painful and exhausting for fans that want to see a cup.

It makes sense for fans to get the short end of the stick and be attached to players.

However management getting attached to a team that they didn’t even build is confusing af to me. Should’ve just kept Benning if that was the case.

100% at least with Benning I understood what was going on for better or worst. I don’t really understand how these guys come in and just keep the exact same roster either. All they did was add to it. I honestly think a JT Miller trade would have corrected things a small step back for a big step forward later on. This is just going to get more ugly if they don’t sell some players at least