The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah that's one big reason we have no cap. We just keep signing 5 million(+) dollar players without thinking about where they're going to play.

Clearly letting Boeser walk last summer (and clearly that nearly 7 mil on the cap) was the smart move.  Cap space can be used to such an advantage.  

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'd say he fits on a third line way better than either Boeser or Garland, and cheaper to boot.

Yeah that’s fine. I’ve watched enough Pens games in the last few years to know that if he comes here, the same folks thinking he’d a good acquisition will be the same ones slagging him when he plays below expectation, which is quite often. 

who knows, maybe he can maintain his game if he comes here.

I agree with you, he has potential to play a really solid 3rd line role…he just disappears at times too. Go read the Pens fans’ message board and you’ll get an honest evaluation of the player if you’re at all unfamiliar. He’s very enigmatic. 

in terms of working towards solving our cap issues though, if a deal involving him works and relives some pressure, I’d be more than happy with it. 

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Clearly letting Boeser walk last summer (and clearly that nearly 7 mil on the cap) was the smart move.  Cap space can be used to such an advantage.  

We actually could have been one of the few teams with cap and used that to acquire some legit d and/or picks. Now we're desperately trying to unload the same assets that we've held onto.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

We actually could have been one of the few teams with cap and used that to acquire some legit d and/or picks. Now we're desperately trying to unload the same assets that we've held onto.

Who is that young right shot D that Pittsburgh had to let go due to cap?  Maybe we could have acquired him?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah that’s fine. I’ve watched enough Pens games in the last few years to know that if he comes here, the same folks thinking he’d a good acquisition will be the same ones slagging him when he plays below expectation, which is quite often. 

who knows, maybe he can maintain his game if he comes here.

I agree with you, he has potential to play a really solid 3rd line role…he just disappears at times too. Go read the Pens fans’ message board and you’ll get an honest evaluation of the player if you’re at all unfamiliar. He’s very enigmatic. 

in terms of working towards solving our cap issues though, if a deal involving him works and relives some pressure, I’d be more than happy with it. 

Fair enough. I watch some Pens games but not as much as you. For me it's mostly about the money spent. And honestly there is no way Kapanen gives up more in a checking role than Boeser. Garland is not any more effective. The difference is you're only paying only half of what Boeser gets and a year less on the contract. That's alright money for a guy playing a tertiary role.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Listen to the Pod Cast and they talk about Brock Boeser and possible movement;

I'm hoping for us to get cap space (at the end of this year so we take back a guy on an expiring contract) or futures.  But I know our owner will not go for that path of taking some steps back.  So I'm hoping we get Anthony Mantha for Brock and Josh Anderson for Garland.  We get bigger and way harder to play against in our top nine.  Might actually work out well for us in the short term, which is the direction of our owner. 

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm hoping for us to get cap space (at the end of this year so we take back a guy on an expiring contract) or futures.  But I know our owner will not go for that path of taking some steps back.  So I'm hoping we get Anthony Mantha for Brock and Josh Anderson for Garland.  We get bigger and way harder to play against in our top nine.  Might actually work out well for us in the short term, which is the direction of our owner. 

Not sure it's possible. But I'd do a Boeser for Rasmus Andersson. Rasmus may be a fit with OEL.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I guess we did kind of the cap clearing to make room to improve the club on D by paying the second to get rid of Dickinson so we could bring in Bear.  But we surely missed on the Pit guy. 

The way Fitzgerald recaps how the trade went down - doubt any other team than NJD had an opening.  Fitzgerald had already spoken with Hextall about Marino well before the TDL knowing that Pittsburgh would need to clear cap space in the off-season. 

Deals are so hard to make (probably even harder now with so little cap space available), that teams don't necessarily want to mess around and risk not being able to make a deal.  They find a serious trade partner and try and make it work vs figuring out what every other team could offer and then risk teams pulling out because they found another deal elsewhere and/or weren't that seriously in on the player. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I guess we did kind of the cap clearing to make room to improve the club on D by paying the second to get rid of Dickinson so we could bring in Bear.  But we surely missed on the Pit guy. 

Ah you meant Marino. Thanks @aGENT! Yeah totally missed the boat there. Getting rid of a second for Stillman was pure stupidity. So many more ways we could have gotten Bear without that move. At this point he's only a stop gap to a crap season for short minded fools as he's UFA anyway. At this rate we'll sign him to a 3 year deal and our D will be exactly the same next year. Rubbish just like the team. [sigh]

This management group are like little children. You explain to them you only have so much money so if you save some you can go to the store and buy ice cream tomorrow but instead they blow it all on candy and some stupid gimmicky toy. Then next day they're balling because they can't buy ice cream with the other kids. They're sick on top of it and they lost their toy and ruined the couch by getting a sucker stuck to it. Welcome to being a Canuck. ;) 

Seriously though I have a hard time understanding how a group of adult men and women can be so utterly stupid.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

Sounds like there's been lots of discussions with Montreal, the only way it works is Monahan for Boeser. Surely we don't re-sign Monahan (unless Bo likely leaves and we somehow get Monahan on a cheaper 4-5M deal) but I don't like that swap - Boeser and Bo gone, Monahan in. He's 28 now, having an average year but playing big minutes over there, he'd probably end up our 3C. If we end up trading Bo for a 1st + prospect, we end up with this:

OUT: Boeser, Horvat - 14M cap

IN: Monahan, 1st, prospect - 5M cap

So save around 9-10M in cap space but lose two of our top players. Surely with the Bo trade we'll eat some cap back, maybe even a cap dump to get another pick. 

Management must be looking at both players to see how we can mould this team but I'm worrying that Monahan will be a part of this team going forward to replace Bo, it's sadly the easiest/most likely swap. Petey, Miller and Monahan down the middle isn't terrible but it's not going to get us into the playoffs any time soon and that's a trio who are in their prime now, not retooling or rebuilding for future wins...

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sounds like there's been lots of discussions with Montreal, the only way it works is Monahan for Boeser. Surely we don't re-sign Monahan (unless Bo likely leaves and we somehow get Monahan on a cheaper 4-5M deal) but I don't like that swap - Boeser and Bo gone, Monahan in. He's 28 now, having an average year but playing big minutes over there, he'd probably end up our 3C. If we end up trading Bo for a 1st + prospect, we end up with this:

So save around 9-10M in cap space but lose two of our top players. Surely with the Bo trade we'll eat some cap back, maybe even a cap dump to get another pick. 

Management must be looking at both players to see how we can mould this team but I'm worrying that Monahan will be a part of this team going forward to replace Bo, it's sadly the easiest/most likely swap. Petey, Miller and Monahan down the middle isn't terrible but it's not going to get us into the playoffs any time soon and that's a trio who are in their prime now, not retooling or rebuilding for future wins...

How does this make ANY sense for Montreal? 

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Well if we get a good rhd prospect that can play next year or the end of the season then that could work if not we need a trade to acquire a rhd.

Makes no sense trading for forwards if we still have D issues.

26 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well if we get a good rhd prospect that can play next year or the end of the season then that could work if not we need a trade to acquire a rhd.

Makes no sense trading for forwards if we still have D issues.

In the ideal world I'd do something like:

Bo for Carlo + Debrusk + 2nd

Boeser + Rathbone + 2nd for Peeke + Kuraly

Myers to anyone with cap for a 2nd

We lose Bo (2C), Boeser (top 6 winger), Myers (3rd pairing RD) but gain Peeke (top 2 RD), Carlo (2nd pairing RD), Kuraly (3C), a 2nd and some cap space for Kuzmenko.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

In the ideal world I'd do something like:

Bo for Carlo + Debrusk + 2nd

Boeser + Rathbone + 2nd for Peeke + Kuraly

Myers to anyone with cap for a 2nd

We lose Bo (2C), Boeser (top 6 winger), Myers (3rd pairing RD) but gain Peeke (top 2 RD), Carlo (2nd pairing RD), Kuraly (3C), a 2nd and some cap space for Kuzmenko.

Bo for Carlo and Debrusk would have to be a 1st not 2nd even if we had to add a 4 the or 5th to make the deal worth it.

• Cheers 1