The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Haha I mean sounds like the return says completely otherwise.

I'd stop listening to Podcasters because a 25 yo guy on pace for 60+ points who also has 293 points in 373 career games is not worth less than a cap dump. Do I blame anyone for not wanting to pay for a softer, slower 1 way expensive winger mid season? Not at all lol

Yes, it really seems like teams are lining up for Boeser.

If/when Boeser is dealt, I can't wait to see your thoughts on the peanuts they get back for him and his dogshit contract. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Haha I mean sounds like the return says completely otherwise.

I'd stop listening to Podcasters because a 25 yo guy on pace for 60+ points who also has 293 points in 373 career games is not worth less than a cap dump. Do I blame anyone for not wanting to pay for a softer, slower 1 way expensive winger mid season? Not at all lol

They got a 1st 2nd and 3rd pick, you still think Boeser has more value lol.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MattWN. said:

They got a 1st 2nd and 3rd pick, you still think Boeser has more value lol.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

I got baited by the fourth period saying the return didn't have those picks at first. I'll take the L here for jumping the gun and listening to always wrong Dave :unsure:

I think boesers value is a 2nd if we take a expiring contract back. If it's not I just keep him for now as he's going to have value once that term runs out 

15 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Out of the top 21 or so teams and the 16 in the playoff bracket, the Minnesota wild are the lowest team with gf of 169 last I checked.

Minnesota needs a sniper for Boldy and a C for Kaprizov, Hartman has done well but by no means is he a top C

Minny wants bb6 they can make a legit offer with zero retention by the canucks. they need what we have, we set the price. dont like it? go elsewhere Guerin. they also have 10+ in cap space come TDL.

Guerin /minny has a legit shot at making some noise if he can shore up the offense and add to the d for a deep run.

bb6+bear/schenn for ?

bb6 is a sniper?  lol

• Wat 1

20 hours ago, billabong said:

I really see boeser going to minny or pit with salary retention And kapanen or greenway coming the other way

other assets might be involved but that’s the nucleus of the deal 

I agree, this probably makes the most sense for both parties.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I agree, this probably makes the most sense for both parties.

Boeser to MIN doesn't make sense for MIN, because they don't have any cap space to add next season. They likely want to move Greenway without retention (or for good roster players on near league minimum contracts). So unless we retained 50% on Boeser ($3.3m) and took back Greenway ($3m)...then it could work for MIN. But do we really want to be effectively paying Greenway $6.3m?

10 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Boeser to MIN doesn't make sense for MIN, because they don't have any cap space to add next season. They likely want to move Greenway without retention (or for good roster players on near league minimum contracts). So unless we retained 50% on Boeser ($3.3m) and took back Greenway ($3m)...then it could work for MIN. But do we really want to be effectively paying Greenway $6.3m?

I think it would be Greenway +player and the Wild have a couple million in cap space so it wouldn't need to be 50% retained IMO.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think it would be Greenway +player and the Wild have a couple million in cap space so it wouldn't need to be 50% retained IMO.

Next season is the problem for MIN. They only have $9.3m space with which to sign 10 players (including a replacement top 4 RD and a 2C)...

16 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Next season is the problem for MIN. They only have $9.3m space with which to sign 10 players (including a replacement top 4 RD and a 2C)...

Yeah I see that, they are OK in the RW department and do need the RD and 2C. They do need more offense/goal scoring overall though.

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

I dont want greenway here.  Laziest and most uninspiring player in the league.  Cant have that rubbing off on our youngsters

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Provost said:

Except the reverse logic is also true.

We aren’t going to be good for the next couple years, so if retaining makes him valuable and get us nice futures it makes a lot of sense.

Say if we retained to make his cap hit to a receiving team $5 million and ended up with a blue chip prospect or a late 1st round pick.  That is a win.  That asset will have more value to us when we are ready to contend compared with a UFA Boeser who we don’t control.

We could probably double that return by having the free cap space between now and next offseason to weaponize and take on a bad contract with a year or two left.

If we get can get a couple of high picks/prospects for Boeser and the remaining cap hit we should do that.

The most effective use of cap space this summer is likely going to be signing unqualified UFAs.  This summer is likely to be full of them based on a flat cap.  Going after decent young players who just have qualifying offers too big and end up on the open market.  They will be looking for short term deals to rehab their value.  A bad roster with lots of opportunity like the Canucks is an ideal landing spot.

1st bolded is a BIG assumption. I'd doubt Boeser garners a true blue chip, maaaybe a late 1st to a contender. I still think we are better off keeping him and hoping for a bounce back.

2nd bolded is a good point. But if we are retaining on Boeser we aren't clearing all of his 6.6M cap hit.

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The only place that might want him is Chicago. The 3rd rounder they have from Dallas. And the team would probably have to retain.

That's honestly the only scenario I see working. He's not a replacement for Kane, but he's a serviceable winger.

Retain to Chicago? They’ll probably need the full cap hit to get to the floor

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure, it would be great to do a full dumperoo of Brock but any team getting him will want retention or sugar.  Maybe both?

There's honestly times where I'd rather throw in the pick rather than retain the salary. No 1sts or 2nd's, but a 3rd or mid rounder. People tend to inflate the value of 3rd + round picks, but I don't think they want to get into a position where all of a sudden the team has 6 or 7 million in retained salary on the books either. With Brock, and the cap situation other teams are in it's most likely we are retaining salary which is fine because his contract only has 2 years left after this year.