The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree, but they need to try and avoid more wingers whenever possible.

Yes ideally I would want an rhd for Boeser but at the end of the day, even saving capspace by trading Boeser and getting a tougher NHL calibre player is good enough for me. 

I know Greenway is much more physical than Boeser but he's also faster right? 

• There it is 1

43 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Brock wants out.. what a surprise ! The Bromance with Petey will come to an end soon. That's like a dagger into my heart.

Wouldn't be surprised if other guys wanted out too. 

Not sure Minnesota makes a whole lot of sense though considering they've got two more seasons of cap hell. They don't actually have the cap flex it looks like they've got given Boldy's 7M will be kicking in and eating up all of what Dumba's leaving will free up. 

They've got RFA's to free up or replace. They've got 3.7M in cap space available, they could walk away from Reaves and his 1.7M but they'd still need to plug that roster spot so they wouldn't really be freeing up 1.7M. Same goes for Gaudreau and his 1.2M. 

Canucks would likely have to retain a large chunk of Boeser's deal to facilitate such a deal, and I question whether Minnesota would be prepared to give up Greenway and pay for such retention when they've been largely unwilling to move assets out under Guerin. They don't really move prospects and they've been pretty careful about moving out picks. 

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't be surprised if other guys wanted out too. 

Not sure Minnesota makes a whole lot of sense though considering they've got two more seasons of cap hell. They don't actually have the cap flex it looks like they've got given Boldy's 7M will be kicking in and eating up all of what Dumba's leaving will free up. 

They've got RFA's to free up or replace. They've got 3.7M in cap space available, they could walk away from Reaves and his 1.7M but they'd still need to plug that roster spot so they wouldn't really be freeing up 1.7M. Same goes for Gaudreau and his 1.2M. 

Canucks would likely have to retain a large chunk of Boeser's deal to facilitate such a deal, and I question whether Minnesota would be prepared to give up Greenway and pay for such retention when they've been largely unwilling to move assets out under Guerin. They don't really move prospects and they've been pretty careful about moving out picks. 

Greenway is on the block - they need to clear his 3M.  They also seem to have lost patience.  He's too inconsistent.  He's also been late 2x including once where he overslept and they were forced to play 11Fs + 7Ds.  

Evason adores Gaudreau.  Just today he's talking of how valuable he is for their team.  He's someone they likely want to bring back and he's probably going to get a raise too.

It's hard to see how they can fit Boeser even at 50% retained and Greenway traded.  

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Greenway is on the block - they need to clear his 3M.  They also seem to have lost patience.  He's too inconsistent.  He's also been late 2x including once where he overslept and they were forced to play 11Fs + 7Ds.  

Evason adores Gaudreau.  Just today he's talking of how valuable he is for their team.  He's someone they likely want to bring back and he's probably going to get a raise too.

It's hard to see how they can fit Boeser even at 50% retained and Greenway traded.  

Yeah, you were talking about this yesterday. But even if they wanted to move Greenway they likely wouldn't want to pay for the favour of our retaining on Boeser. Not that it's likely we want to retain a significant portion of his deal for two seasons anyway. 

Like you've said, Minnesota connection or not I have a tough time seeing Boeser as a fit for them capwise. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Even if there is truth to it it's just a PR move. 

Of course they're not going to come out and say they're chomping at the bit to dump him, it'd hurt their positioning in a trade. 

Hedging their bets.

If they trade him…they got a fantastic return.

If they can’t trade him…we believe in him.

:P

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Hedging their bets.

If they trade him…they got a fantastic return.

If they can’t trade him…we believe in him.

:P

Gotta love Allvin and his politician double speak 

He's great at making statements or giving interviews without actually saying a whole lot 

9 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I think it depends on retention... 

If there is no retention, wouldn't we rather have a physical forward that makes our team tougher to play against than continually being known as the fun guys to play? 

Adding guys like Greenway will help us get close to the pack mentality we need as we get rid of guys like Horvat and Boeser. 

Miller, Petey, Podz, Garland, Beauvelier, Joshua, Lazar, Mikheyev and then Greenway 

All these players compete hard and make you work for your ice. 

I would love for our team to have the identity as the tough guys to play against. 

Like when a team is looking at their 3 game road trip, i want them to look at Vancouver and say that one will be a tough night.  We could win but it'll be a tough fight... 

Under rated post!!

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Even if there is truth to it it's just a PR move. 

Of course they're not going to come out and say they're chomping at the bit to dump him, it'd hurt their positioning in a trade. 

The biggest thing for me is management's actions and words almost never align. So it's not even dismissable just as a PR move, it's almost dismissable because they aren't above saying one thing and doing another. Lol. But yes, I agree. This is playing out very much like with Horvat. Lots of talk about bringing him back and wanting to keep him, when we all can see and smell the smoke that trade was coming. I love Boeser, but I genuinely don't believe management has any plans of making it work.

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The biggest thing for me is management's actions and words almost never align. So it's not even dismissable just as a PR move, it's almost dismissable because they aren't above saying one thing and doing another. Lol. But yes, I agree. This is playing out very much like with Horvat. Lots of talk about bringing him back and wanting to keep him, when we all can see and smell the smoke that trade was coming. I love Boeser, but I genuinely don't believe management has any plans of making it work.

I get what you're saying, it's hard to put too much stock in what this management group says one way or the other 

Sounds less and less likely that Brock will be traded. I get that he's young and we could rebuild around him and Petey, but look at where this team is in the standings. You can't just stand pat. The Bo deal had to happen but that cannot be all that we do, and I'm a bit concerned that that's all we'll do this season. The team needs major surgery, it needs a massive re-shaping. 

Management have taken the easy way out by canning the coach (which obviously in the short term has made no difference), they haven't changed this defence at all and now they're thinking about keeping their best trading chip?

I love Brock as much as anyone on CDC but we need some serious trades and roster changes across the board and it starts with Boeser. Bo was a guarantee and easy trade by management - any GM could have made that. So far Allvin has done nothing amazing for me, but moving some of these guys like Boeser/Myers will prove his worth. A good GM finds a way, a nervous/rookie/conservative GM will just stand pat and watch this team continue to struggle without really being able to re-shape it.