The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

11 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The trade that I would still like to see is with Nashville for Fabbro 1-for-1. Fabbro has fallen out of favor with Nashville and they have enough cap space that we don't have to retain on Brock.

For Nashville, they get a boost to their offense to help their playoff push without sacrificing futures. For the Canucks, we get a still young and formerly high profile RHD to audition for a top 4 spot for the rest of the season which still clears 6.65M in cap if things don't work out.

me too, it makes the most sense to me

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The trade that I would still like to see is with Nashville for Fabbro 1-for-1. Fabbro has fallen out of favor with Nashville and they have enough cap space that we don't have to retain on Brock.

For Nashville, they get a boost to their offense to help their playoff push without sacrificing futures. For the Canucks, we get a still young and formerly high profile RHD to audition for a top 4 spot for the rest of the season which still clears 6.65M in cap if things don't work out.

IF Brock alone is enough to get that done, I don't even let Piole finish his sentence! But, I would think Fabbro has a value to a PO team for depth (2nd or 3rd) and Beoser is negative value with 2 years on that crappy contract. We'd have to retain considerable $ to get this done. Retention sucks!

24 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

IF Brock alone is enough to get that done, I don't even let Piole finish his sentence! But, I would think Fabbro has a value to a PO team for depth (2nd or 3rd) and Beoser is negative value with 2 years on that crappy contract. We'd have to retain considerable $ to get this done. Retention sucks!

hard to say and it depends on what direction Nashville is going.  I think they are still going to be in compete mode as long as they have their older core of players.  I'd probably even add rathbone into that equation to make it more enticing for them.

I could see New Jersey moving a 2/3 rd rounder in 23 or 24 along with Walsh and Vancouver retains on this year. New Jersey will have cap freed up by the offseason where Boeser could fit in nicely.

Meier I'm sure they are thinking hard on but will mean a Stoltz and 1st get moved out for starters so as much as people are convinced there may be a wait, the lower acquisition cost of Boeser could be appealing.

28 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I could see New Jersey moving a 2/3 rd rounder in 23 or 24 along with Walsh and Vancouver retains on this year. New Jersey will have cap freed up by the offseason where Boeser could fit in nicely.

Meier I'm sure they are thinking hard on but will mean a Stoltz and 1st get moved out for starters so as much as people are convinced there may be a wait, the lower acquisition cost of Boeser could be appealing.

Can't just retain for one year. All or nothing FWIW.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Retaining makes more sense that buying out.

when you factor when this clubs going to be competitive I rather not have dead cap in 4-7 years. If we retain all the contracts will be cleared with in 3 /4 years. 

boeser 1.7 retained 

garland 1 mill retained 

Myers 1.5 retained 

even miller retain 1 mill 

Whatever maxes the return. 
we could load up with picks/prospects and be back on track faster than If we just keep with this half step crap. 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

hard to say and it depends on what direction Nashville is going.  I think they are still going to be in compete mode as long as they have their older core of players.  I'd probably even add rathbone into that equation to make it more enticing for them.

I'd be pretty cautious on moving any Dmen right now that aren't named Myers until we get our back end figured out. Though Rathbone feels redundant at this time, if our RD devloped into Tanev types, a 3some of Hughes/OEL/Rathbone could be deadly. And who knows who is here longterm.....

5 minutes ago, combover said:

when you factor when this clubs going to be competitive I rather not have dead cap in 4-7 years. If we retain all the contracts will be cleared with in 3 /4 years. 

boeser 1.7 retained 

garland 1 mill retained 

Myers 1.5 retained 

we could load up with picks/prospects and be back on track faster than If we just keep with this half step crap. 

Out of your list, the only guy that makes sense to possibly retain on is Beoser as his contract is 2 more years and he is underperforming it big time (total contribution not just pts). I'd probably lean to giving him away for nothing vs. retention of 2m+ and getting a 2nd/3rd.

Myers isn't worth it; he's gone next year...probably for a 2nd if we retain at deadline. He might even get traded after his July 1st $$ is paid.

Garland is undervalued on CDC; guy is worth 4.95m everyday, especially to this team that will be talent stretched for this year and next as our young guys grow in AHL.

Let's see how JT works out before we start retaining $ until 2040! He has looked decent since Tochet has come on board and even better since being paired with Podz and Garland again. That line has been dynamic since they first got paired last spring. We should have left them together at the beginning of the year and let them gel. Though Podz definitely regained his mojo in AHL, I think that line could have worked through it too had BB had more patience; they couldn't even get a full game!

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Out of your list, the only guy that makes sense to possibly retain on is Beoser as his contract is 2 more years and he is underperforming it big time (total contribution not just pts). I'd probably lean to giving him away for nothing vs. retention of 2m+ and getting a 2nd/3rd.

Myers isn't worth it; he's gone next year...probably for a 2nd if we retain at deadline. He might even get traded after his July 1st $$ is paid.

Garland is undervalued on CDC; guy is worth 4.95m everyday, especially to this team that will be talent stretched for this year and next as our young guys grow in AHL.

Let's see how JT works out before we start retaining $ until 2040! He has looked decent since Tochet has come on board and even better since being paired with Podz and Garland again. That line has been dynamic since they first got paired last spring. We should have left them together at the beginning of the year and let them gel. Though Podz definitely regained his mojo in AHL, I think that line could have worked through it too had BB had more patience; they couldn't even get a full game!

It makes sense TO GET PIcks  AND PROSPECTS so we can build something. 

yeah great keep Jt so in 4 years when we could have a competitive team we have an 8 mill declining  third liner … 

they should have never resigned him. The time line makes zero sense with him. 

what your saying is exactly what we’ve been doing. Let’s wait and see .lolololol. 
i don’t know about you but I’ve watch them do the same stupid crap for a decade now,  its long enough for me to know it won’t work.regardless how many coaches we hire and fire. 
jim Benning thought nothing was better than something to that worked out great didn’t it. Look at our super deep farm and prospect pool. 

and that doesn’t even get into using the new found cap flexibility to take a bad contract and a good pick back in the next year or two. 

Edited by combover

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Holtz is too slow to get in their lineup regularly.  He's not the best fit in the Ruff system that relies on skating speed so not sure they will see that as much of a price to pay.  If SJS asks for Mercer than that could have them back out.  NJD has assets and not all will become NHLers.  Also not easy to find a player as impactful as Meier + he brings elements they are missing in their top-6 with his size and powerforward game. 

5 hours ago, combover said:

boeser 1.7 retained 

garland 1 mill retained 

Myers 1.5 retained 

Can only retain on 3 contracts.  Canucks are already retaining on Horvat this season - ie only 2 spots open this TDL.  

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, combover said:

It makes sense TO GET PIcks  AND PROSPECTS so we can build something. 

yeah great keep Jt so in 4 years when we could have a competitive team we have an 8 mill declining  third liner … 

they should have never resigned him. The time line makes zero sense with him. 

what your saying is exactly what we’ve been doing. Let’s wait and see .lolololol. 
i don’t know about you but I’ve watch them do the same stupid crap for a decade now,  its long enough for me to know it won’t work.regardless how many coaches we hire and fire. 
jim Benning thought nothing was better than something to that worked out great didn’t it. Look at our super deep farm and prospect pool. 

and that doesn’t even get into using the new found cap flexibility to take a bad contract and a good pick back in the next year or two. 

So retain yourself into a corner where you spend ~5-10m/yr for nothing all for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick...that is a terrible move. As you put it; more stupid crap. This is exactly a JB move; sacrifice the future for today. We just traded our captain..we are doing something!

And we shouldn't have signed Miller, I agree. But he is on the books now, and has shown signs of being a dominant player again the last few games. As such, why jettisson him now with retention for a player that has a 2% chance of being as good as him. Say we retained 2m; that is 2m for the next 7 years! I'd much rather play him now, then trade later with retention if we truly need the space. Oh, and he isn't a 3rd line player; at worst case he is a 2nd line winger.

12 hours ago, BPA said:

Boeser with a 4pt night.  Ups his trade value.

Boeser looked great last night; his best game of the season by a long shot. He even looked effective 5v5.

On a side note, man did that new powerplay setup look great with Petterson at the point and Miller in his old spot.

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Boeser looked great last night; his best game of the season by a long shot. He even looked effective 5v5.

On a side note, man did that new powerplay setup look great with Petterson at the point and Miller in his old spot.

Agreed.

Honestly all season I've been thinking that Miller should go back to that spot. 1) he has been turning the puck over on the left side spot all year. 2) Pettersson is deadly no matter where you put him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1