The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

7 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Boeser looked great last night; his best game of the season by a long shot. He even looked effective 5v5.

On a side note, man did that new powerplay setup look great with Petterson at the point and Miller in his old spot.

Petey on the point is what I saId during the all star skills.  No different than what Bure did for us years ago.  We need a cannon from the point, what better than a 103mph slap shot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Petey on the point is what I saId during the all star skills.  No different than what Bure did for us years ago.  We need a cannon from the point, what better than a 103mph slap shot.

Absolutely! If Hughes could regain his ability to get shots on net from the other point we would be set. It seemed his wristers from the point in his rookie season ALWAYS made it through traffic and got on net. OEL is wicked at that too.

Now, its a matter of getting Podz accustomed to playing the net on PP1. Kuz-Podz-Miller   Hughes-Petterson; That would be a wicked PP unit.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Biggest thing our powerplay is missing.

Its so easy to defend when you don’t have to worry about defending the point.

true story, I recall in JBs last season as GM it came out, that his whole tenure here he was trying to find a D man who could really shoot from the point, well we had the answer all along... if Jason King thought of this than at least the idea did not die of loneliness between the all-star game and yesterday 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Biggest thing our powerplay is missing.

Its so easy to defend when you don’t have to worry about defending the point.

On EP's pp goal, I noticed the defender was way out trying to keep close to EP. So, the Canucks all moved around clockwise leaving EP at the top in the middle of the ice. That really messed up the coverage. Saying that sometimes you don't need that blast from the blueline, a seeing eye wrister works as well. Which Petey has as well.

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

If Boeser goes on a tear until tdl... What do you do... 

If he consistently looks like the player we saw yesterday for the next month, do you keep him or trade him? 

Maverick's Re-engaging? 

You still trade him, you just hopefully get more of a haul.

Being blinded by a hot streak isn't an option, we need an overhaul and can't do that without capspace and assets. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, MattWN. said:

You still trade him, you just hopefully get more of a haul.

Being blinded by a hot streak isn't an option, we need an overhaul and can't do that without capspace and assets. 

Im not talking just points. 

Im talking about the way he was skating yesterday. The way he was in all the right zones coverage wise. 

More about him playing the right way. 

Canucks need players like Podz and EP. Guys that play the right way. That's why I wasn't a fan of Miller or Boeser. They put up points but don't make the "value plays" as RT coins it. 

If they start playing the right way...  Could it be something that lasts? 

Call me naive but I don't see lack of effort being this team's weakness. 

I actually think it's lack of structure and proper directions and being coached to make the correct "value plays" 

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

If he consistently looks like the player we saw yesterday for the next month, do you keep him or trade him? 

Maverick's Re-engaging? 

I trade; we resigned Kuzmenko in that role. If he continues to play that way he will shed the negative trade value, and maybe net us something. 

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Im not talking just points. 

Im talking about the way he was skating yesterday. The way he was in all the right zones coverage wise. 

More about him playing the right way. 

Canucks need players like Podz and EP. Guys that play the right way. That's why I wasn't a fan of Miller or Boeser. They put up points but don't make the "value plays" as RT coins it. 

If they start playing the right way...  Could it be something that lasts? 

Call me naive but I don't see lack of effort being this team's weakness. 

I actually think it's lack of structure and proper directions and being coached to make the correct "value plays" 

Agree 100%. On a good note, I have seen our 8m coming around lately too. He seems to get energized when paired with Podz.

7 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Maverick's Re-engaging? 

Trade him. Done with on and off again players. He goes missing way too often and for too long. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

What about the St. Louis Blues as a potential trading partner. I haven’t heard anything ( maybe for good reason ) but they are unloading salary and are looking to change the look of their team for next year. 

St Louis could be heading to a rebuild.  Earlier this season Armstrong talked about the possibility if his group didn't show him they still had what it takes to contend.  Boeser seems like an unusual target for a rebuilding team.

Edited by mll

9 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Maverick's Re-engaging? 

I am one of the biggest Boeser defenders. But you trade him. I am in the burn it down mode with the exception of Hughes and Pettersson. Miller, Garland and Boeser should be traded. Myers in the offseason with 50% retention is an easy 3rd round pick. OEL I think we're stuck with but he'll help develop players anyway. So it's fine.

15 hours ago, HKSR said:

If I could give you Jason King’s job, I would

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

If Boeser can turn it around, I’d love to keep him. Petey’s buddy and all..he just needs to be a finisher / complimentary scorer. 65-70 points would be good value for his contract.

What’s going to change? If boeser was consistent under green and not Bruce I’d see an argument but he had huge slumps and injury prone I think best for both partys is new scenery… maybe he even plays us into taking back an expiring contract and a good pick to a playoff team 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LegionOfDoom said:

What’s going to change? If boeser was consistent under green and not Bruce I’d see an argument but he had huge slumps and injury prone I think best for both partys is new scenery… maybe he even plays us into taking back an expiring contract and a good pick to a playoff team 

Not sure. Hand finally healed up? Getting his confidence back?

I don’t disagree with you, nor predict he’ll turn it around…but I’d welcome it

• Cheers 1