The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

He would be a good fit there as they’re not really a speed team. One of the teams that struck me as a fit for him moreso than a trade partner imo. 

The general consensus from other fanbases anyways is he has value... But not a ton. The other side of the argument is not wanting to take back the full cap hit. Not really any complaining that he has negative value which is nice to hear... Granted it's just hockey fans opinions lol

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, mll said:

That's unlikely.  Agents typically get involved when the team can't find a deal - Eriksson, Evander Kane etc all had their agents given permission to seek out a deal.  Was posted earlier by others in this thread but you might have missed it: 

Thanks and I get.  I just don't have a lot of confidence in the current FO, since they were all signed to short term deals: will they do what is best for the team or stay the course to earn a contract.  

I think it all comes down to Brock needing a fresh start.  It must be so hard to walk into that dressing room and think of his dad reading out the roster for his first ever NHL game.  So many memories with his dad in our locker room and moving on to a new space to make new memories is probably best for him.  If you've ever lost a loved one you know it's not so easy to "leave emotions at the door".  Sometimes you need to change your environment to get back to a good head space with new faces and new energy.

I wish him all the best, good player and a great person.  Other than Petey, no one on the team can shoot the puck like he can.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The general consensus from other fanbases anyways is he has value... But not a ton. The other side of the argument is not wanting to take back the full cap hit. Not really any complaining that he has negative value which is nice to hear... Granted it's just hockey fans opinions lol

Well other team fans are still intelligent, thankfully the EddieVedders are few and far between. Though never seem to shut up :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Western Red said:

Where are you seeing this Phil?

I usually spam other teams twitter hyping up our guys we trying to unload haha!  It's all just fan opinions so it holds zero weight.... But it's always interesting to hear other fanbases opinions on guys.

I get the feeling the general consensus is a cap dump + conditional pick + prospect between fans which would be pretty decent as long as we retain 0$.

Any cap saving MUST be used to gain more futures for it to be a good deal for us though imo. If we simply take his cap saving and bring on another player like him / use it to resign say horvat... It's a total fail as we do not improve anything now or in the future 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Crazy the disrespect for Brock, he's our 2nd highest scoring winger this season despite playing on our 3rd line with an AHL center in Dries.

There's some good - he's young, he's racking up points and seems to generate offence despite coming off injuries.

There's bad - hes on a 6.5M cap hit and has been shelled defensively with a dreadful minus 13.

I just don't understand why we want to get rid of Boeser when we've got Garland at 5M (just 1.5M less than Brock) but generates hardly any offence, 10 points (just 3 goals) in 24 games and plays similar minutes to Brock. That's a 34 point pace for a 5M player.

And we're talking about trading Brock who's almost doubling that pace, but just 1.5M more?

Garland and Pearson are wastes of space on this team right now, Garland still carries some trade value - trade him, not Brock. I understand Boeser may get more value back though but I'd rather flip Garland +/- Pearson first.

Garland gets a fraction of the heat that Brock gets around here, i dont know if its the 1.5 million pay difference that puts more of a target on one guys back.

I think both of these guys have been a casualty of bad management.  Everyone from out of town analysts down to my dad knows this team needs defensive help and some defensive minded forwards.  What does the management team do instead, brings in a glut of wingers that need the right conditions to succeed - like playing with top 6 calibre line mates.  The domino effect has been saddling BB6 and Garland with dries as a centre ...nobody is particularly good defensively and as a unit they dont seem to have the collection of attributes needed to score goals consistently.  Result - both guys are off to terrible starts and their trade values are in the toilet.  I mean does anyone think Kuzmenko would have those numbers playing with Dries from the third line?   Nothing against the player, just picking on him to make an example...but why did management create this situation?  If the plan was to unload a couple wingers for defensive help they surely havent created the ideal conditions to pump these guys value.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Can't help but feel like this is a mistake. Boeser has the talent to be a 50 goal scorer in this league but he's just been a bit off for the past 6 months or so. Doesn't seem right to sell low on him now, especially when he could help us with our push for the playoffs.

Of course, if we do end up trading him then it's probably the right move.

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

Garland gets a fraction of the heat that Brock gets around here, i dont know if its the 1.5 million pay difference that puts more of a target on one guys back.

I think both of these guys have been a casualty of bad management.  Everyone from out of town analysts down to my dad knows this team needs defensive help and some defensive minded forwards.  What does the management team do instead, brings in a glut of wingers that need the right conditions to succeed - like playing with top 6 calibre line mates.  The domino effect has been saddling BB6 and Garland with dries as a centre ...nobody is particularly good defensively and as a unit they dont seem to have the collection of attributes needed to score goals consistently.  Result - both guys are off to terrible starts and their trade values are in the toilet.  I mean does anyone think Kuzmenko would have those numbers playing with Dries from the third line?   Nothing against the player, just picking on him to make an example...but why did management create this situation?  If the plan was to unload a couple wingers for defensive help they surely havent created the ideal conditions to pump these guys value.

Apparently the Canucks have been shopping BB6 for over a year, trying for some D help.

Sounds like Kuzmenko was brought in as a cheap replacement and thus far has exceeded his cap/ boesers play.

Too little too late to get a decent return for Boeser. I said it before that he should have been dealt after the Covid season where his value was at its highest and he was healthy. He’s not a player that moves the needle regularly enough and although talented his skating and defending are his Achilles heel and GMs are well aware of this. Just getting rid of his cap hit would be a win in itself but teams know the Canucks are cap strapped so good luck getting futures. Gonna be a cap out cap in kinda deal. 

19 minutes ago, Darius said:

He should be moved too. I've seen enough WPG fans say they like him enough to know he's got solid value. Not when you compare what we gave up to get him but still...

Salomonnson + 2nd.

Now boeser. 

Prospect + conditional pick. 

I mean that alone would be a great start if we commit to rebuilding around EP properly. 11m cap savings on top of adding depth to the prospect pool. Obviously we would need to eat a bunch of cap as well but as long as it ends this off season who cares.

Buffalo has 4 first rounders + tons of other high picks developing + 17m in cap space plus a ton of young good players who are doing just as good as us PLUS a all their picks and then some. We have 1st rounder who is 3+ years away and that's about it lol.

Just to keep going in my fantasy world I'd move BO for the equivalent of 3+ 1st rounders thanks to the bidding war and try to convince Nashville they should take Miller on for free. 

We could be in the exact same position as Buffalo with tons in the prospect pool, a young roster and tons of capspace. Probably would have the exact same record as we do right now spinning our tires in the mud and paying a premium to do so 

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Cheers 1

May also be a matter of trying to convince someone like Guerin that he wants to be there and won’t create a country club atmosphere. 
Just hope they get good value for him and for his sake finds somewhere he is happy and he flourishes. He has been good guy and given a lot to this team. 
Time to go though.  Doesn’t mean has to be an ugly breakup. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

Can't help but feel like this is a mistake. Boeser has the talent to be a 50 goal scorer in this league but he's just been a bit off for the past 6 months or so. Doesn't seem right to sell low on him now, especially when he could help us with our push for the playoffs.

Of course, if we do end up trading him then it's probably the right move.

Sorry, no. full stop. he's never cracked 30. his skating will is his weakest attribute.

look at the screenshot I attached, what does every 50 goal scorer on that list do better then brock?

They are all excellent skaters.

Screenshot_20221204-133526_Chrome.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nope.  
Bo is a great player, but a crappy captain. 
Beating one team doesn’t cancel out him leading his team to the bottom of the league year after year.  

One player does not make the team. Please. Pathetic narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nope.  
Bo is a great player, but a crappy captain. 
Beating one team doesn’t cancel out him leading his team to the bottom of the league year after year.  

So, if you were the captain of a wooden cargo ship and the owner only gave you cork plugs to stop the leaks, is it your fault the ship sinks?

:picard:

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Correct! 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

His value is so low right now. How about stringing some good performances before shopping him and trading him for Pennies on the dollar?

it's not as low as we think it is, imo.  He'll bring back a good #4-5 or a legit 3C.  

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Exactly why you need to trade Bo for a few pieces or prospects. No doubt Bo looks good for 2-3 years, but then were stuck with an ugly cap hit (or are you the optimist who thinks the contract will be moveable, like BB6?)