The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Don't know if this was mentioned, but did anyone else notice when VAN called a timeout near the end of the game, Jason King was going over the game plan with the stars on the PP, and Miller looked annoyed and argued back something to King, as if he disagreed with the plan. I think they scored?

Boeser looks faster, playing physical, maybe giving full effort since I can remember. I like this new Brock if it continues.  Also makes me think his value is slowly going up and if he's still paying really well by the TDL, they might get a real nice return.

I could be wrong, but Miller doesn't strike me as the kind of player you win with. 

I find that there are signs where he doesn't backcheck, lazy on the ice defensively, and that's when things aren't going horribly bad. The team isn't great, but they're also a game below .500 now right? Could you imagine if it gets worse? I can't even imagine what kind of Miller shows up (or doesn't). 

If management is smart (I'm doubtful at this stage, honestly...) they'd realize that if they attempt to trade Miller after next season, it's going to be tough because he dictates where he wants to go. Trade him now, and he has to go wherever the deal is best for the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think trading Boeser opens up a deal for BO.  They are going to have to shed alot more cap space than that.  At the end of the day, Kuzmenko works well with Petey on a #1 line, and BO is their best trade chip.  I see BO being traded at the deadline for maximum return, probably Schenn as well.  

So you want dries as your number 2 centre?  Yes, im sure the team would love that

19 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

So you want dries as your number 2 centre?  Yes, im sure the team would love that

How good are with Bo as our 2C?  

Maybe we need to move Bo, and take a step back until we get a better 2C who doesn’t cost as much as Bo? 

21 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Thats like trying to say bo is the reason we cant win.

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe Horvat is sick of playing for a poverty franchise and wants to play his prime years for a club that makes the playoffs and actually has a sense of direction? Just because he is the captain doesn’t mean he wants to play his entire career here. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pickly said:

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe, just maybe Horvat is sick of playing for a poverty franchise and wants to play his prime years for a club that makes the playoffs and actually has a sense of direction? Just because he is the captain doesn’t mean he wants to play his entire career here. 

No.

Russo on the possibility of Boeser to Minnesota:  "It's not going to happen".  For him to be that categorical he likely got it confirmed by the Wild directly.

Short version:  Doesn't fit cap wise even if Vancouver retains salary.  Doesn't fit their lineup and how they play.  The Wild don't like the player and/or don't think he'll fit their roster.  The Wild feel he's a 1-trick pony and prone to injury.   

The audio version starts at the 47min mark (- 3 minutes earlier for their reaction to his near scratch on hockey fights cancer night).

Russo says Boeser's agent Hankinson and Guerin are really tight and have made multiple deals, so you know they've already spoken.  Says Guerin has been open that he's looking for a top-6 forward but they are looking for a rental pickup.  Says Boeser is not going to fit cap wise even if the Canucks retain money - the exact same reasons they had to trade Fiala.

Says that the Wild have long had the opportunity to acquire him but have not done it.  This tells him that they maybe just don't like the player or feel that he won't fit on their roster.  Says the Wild think that he's offensively gifted but that he might be a 1-trick pony (his expression).  He's also heard from inside the organisation that they think he has a propensity of getting injured.

He just doesn't see any chance for a trade to the Wild to happen.  LaPanta, their play-by-play, doesn't think he would fit in their lineup.  Russo and LaPanta go on to discuss that in the way the team plays and how Evason likes to deploy his lines, he's just not a fit.

Russo then repeats that beyond cap space, it's also the player himself where the Wild don't think he's a fit for their team.  He thinks the front office are asking themselves if he's not scoring what does he do.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Shoulda listened to me and let him walk this summer eh

Yup.  nearly 7 million in cap.  Add trading Miller for futures and there is close to 13 mil this year and even more next couple years.  But we are still following the owner's "win now" direction.  And it's not working!  

• Cheers 1

On 12/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, NHL97OneTimer said:

True but losing Brock for scraps is better than losing Bo for scraps.  Taking Brock's salary off of the books helps this team out quite a bit and JR picked up a couple of players who replace Brock for free in the offseason.

With that said, I'm not in the camp that is willing to give up assets to lose Brock's salary.  I can't believe there wouldn't be a team that wants Brock......timing is likely more the issue.

the best time to trade him was last years deadline, and the management decided to wait and see, and to be patient.

the 7.5M qualifying offer made him virtually untradable when he hit the RFA status.  The 6.67M AAV after it doesn't help either.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Tsn (Lebrun)is reporting his agent has talked to 6 teams.....oops...old news

I recall a rumor said that multiple potential Miller trade proposals broke down because the Canucks did not give permission to the Miller camp to talk to the other teams.

Thus the potential trade partners didn't know the ballpark of the long term deal that Miller was looking for.

Imagine if the management gave the Miller camp the permission to talk few months ago ... 

Edited by The King of Kings
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

LA will have almost $50 million in cap space when Petey is a UFA.  I can see him going to LA, he's that type of guy.  Another team is Detroit, who love their Swedes.  Carolina will have $60 million in cap space in 2 years.  Boston as well as you mentioned.  Other teams could open up cap space as well over the next two years via trade...

Yeah, as @Provost pointed out, he could easily find another team.

LA and Detroit are potential candidates as you said.

I guess we have to deal with it like Calgary had to deal with Tkahuck. If Petey doesn't sign a long term deal next season, we will have to find a trade partner. Maybe a sign-and-trade.

Trading Petey would force us into a proper rebuild. May not be a terrible thing. Francesco is going to suffer from all those poor mismanagement decisions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jyu said:

Yeah, as @Provost pointed out, he could easily find another team.

LA and Detroit are potential candidates as you said.

I guess we have to deal with it like Calgary had to deal with Tkahuck. If Petey doesn't sign a long term deal next season, we will have to find a trade partner. Maybe a sign-and-trade.

Trading Petey would force us into a proper rebuild. May not be a terrible thing. Francesco is going to suffer from all those poor mismanagement decisions.

Was it Keenan who traded Trevor?  Hated that deal, but it sure set us up for the construction of our best team ever.  We need to move Bo for futures.  If other guys are not happy with the team's direction (and they have value) move them too.  Deep dive for 5-7 years and build a new key core.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Was it Keenan who traded Trevor?  Hated that deal, but it sure set us up for the construction of our best team ever.  We need to move Bo for futures.  If other guys are not happy with the team's direction (and they have value) move them too.  Deep dive for 5-7 years and build a new key core.  

Yeah for sure. I think we should trade Bo (should have been Miller though).

I'm hoping Petey-Hughes could be the leader that takes the team out of this mess in a couple of season. Sort of like how Naslund and Bertuzzi (from Linden trade) led us out of the mess.

With right trades, drafting, and development, we could be looking at a quick turnaround.