The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

All his small issues will grow bigger in his mind..    I don’t think this is something that’s going to disappear while he is in Vancouver.

and more reasons to clear his capspace are signing Bo and Kuzmenko.

Brick will probably do very well with a move back to Minnesota or even Winnipeg.

I do think he needs a change of scenery.  And that it's likely best for both him and the team to trade him.   

6 hours ago, RWJC said:

Haha nice dig.

You must feel a little bit of sympathy for the guy though, no?
Aside of his personal life matters, if you just isolate him in terms of his pro career, I think more about how frustrated he must be/feel with how it started to what it’s become. A lot of setbacks.
I imagine how high the expectations must be that he’s placed on himself.

I think he has real character.

I say that because while his dad was dying and it was kept secret from everyone, and amid all the shit he faced from the media/fans, through all the interviews, criticism, and pressure,

he did not break.

No one knew until late in the game what he must have been enduring personally all along. 

He’s solid. Totally respect that.

One positive for him - he’s been fortunate in that he’s been overpaid.
hasn’t yet earned his larger contract values, so that $$$ must lessen the sting of a stalled career a bit. 

I think he’s the type of guy though that wants to prove his contract value. He has enough pride to earn it. I just wonder how he can advance his game to remain a fixture in the league. A change of scenery and supporting cast/system might do it, but that will eventually limit your options as a player if you require the right environment for you to be successful. 

I just hope it all works out for him. 

Wish we had more fans like you.   And maybe we do, but the constant criticism permeates this forum at times.    Totally rooting for the guy.   Courtnall used to go on long scoring droughts, then score in bunches.   Drove some fans nuts.   After less than 30 games most are willing to cut bait and give that dough to Kuzmenko.   Who the heck knows how he responds to that ... maybe he just coasts.   Very small sample size.   That said it's results business and Brocks results the past year haven't been great at all.   He's paid to score goals.    He's not a third line player unless it's a scoring line. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I do think he needs a change of scenery.  And that it's likely best for both him and the team to trade him.   

Exactly he should do better as he would put hockey first and concentrate.

Now that we are a 500 team and he has looked better last few games never know what the return will be.

From Friedman's 21 Thoughts of the day:

2. Quote of the week: “We’d all like to make a (bleeping) trade,” one GM said, “But there’s no room to do it.”

3. Team I wonder about for Brock Boeser: Washington. This is a personal opinion, but I wonder if a Boeser-Anthony Mantha move makes any sense for both. The Capitals need a jolt, and, as GM Brian MacLellan said last weekend, can’t do anything financially lopsided until there’s clarity on Nicklas Backstrom’s availability. Mantha’s cap hit is slightly lower than Boeser’s, and he’s got one fewer year — which would appeal to Vancouver. Anyway, just an idea. 

4. Obviously, the Canucks are a team to watch. I despise dealing in absolutes, because I’ve learned negotiations can change out of nowhere (see JT Miller), but it’s not trending well for a Bo Horvat extension. I suspect contenders eventually will be making strong offers for Luke Schenn, too. There’s too much to like about what he brings for $900,000. We’ll see where else it goes, and Jim Rutherford is not one to rush. He’ll let the market percolate until February, if necessary. (Trade deadline is March 3.)

• Cheers 3

Mantha is certainly more physically imposing.  Chopping a year off plus adding some size would be nice.  

I think the first comment really nails it, though.  Just not a great time to be selling.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Mantha is certainly more physically imposing.  Chopping a year off plus adding some size would be nice.  

I think the first comment really nails it, though.  Just not a great time to be selling.

I'd do a Boeser for Mantha swap for those exact reasons.  Then retain at the TDL next year and flip Mantha for the picks and prospects we need.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I'd do a Boeser for Mantha swap for those exact reasons.  Then retain at the TDL next year and flip Mantha for the picks and prospects we need.

Yep. This is the type of deal we’re likely going to have to make.

I would prefer a player with only one year left however. Okposo out of Buffalo would be another good target.

13 points in 28 games, is every bit as bad defensively, has played fewer than 60 games every season the last 4 years, scored more than 20 goals twice in his career. Last time was 5 seasons ago. Meanwhile a 20 goal season for Boeser last year was considered "a down year." Yeah we want that. Yet somehow Boeser is floater garbage that doesn't bring anything. Make the hate make sense.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

13 points in 28 games, is every bit as bad defensively, has played fewer than 60 games every season the last 4 years, scored more than 20 goals twice in his career. Last time was 5 seasons ago. Meanwhile a 20 goal season for Boeser last year was considered "a down year." Yeah we want that. Yet somehow Boeser is floater garbage that doesn't bring anything. Make the hate make sense.

It’s not about wanting him it’s about making a hockey trade where you swap two underperforming players.

You’re gonna have to accept that’s the best we’re probably gonna do. 

If Mantha regains his form here we can flip him for a top pick next season. Something we won’t be able to get for Boeser under his current contract.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Mantha deal makes sense, we aren't gonna get what we could have for Brock last season or the season before.

I would gauge Buffalos interest.

A Boeser for Okposo swap gets us 6 mil in cap space next offseason.

That or Suter and Sundqvist from Detroit. They may want to acquire some offense now if they’re not able to keep Larkin.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would gauge Buffalos interest.

A Boeser for Okposo swap gets us 6 mil in cap space next offseason.

That or Suter and Sundqvist from Detroit. They may want to acquire some offense now if they’re not able to keep Larkin.

I don't see Buffalo as a fit, their scoring from the wing is fine and Jack Quinn at RW is still young and worth being patient with 

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/sabres

Okposo is also their captain as of October, likely comes back for them on the cheap

If Buffalo looks to make roster upgrades going forward it'll likely be in net, on D, and in their bottom six, scoring isn't their issue as they lead the league in goals and their powerplay is 3rd as of today

If they could keep pucks out of their net they'd have a playoff spot, which is ironic given their connection to us

They've got more tools and flex to address that issue with though 

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't see Buffalo as a fit, their scoring from the wing is fine and Jack Quinn at RW is still young and worth being patient with 

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/sabres

Okposo is also their captain as of October, likely comes back for them on the cheap

If Buffalo looks to make roster upgrades going forward it'll likely be in net, on D, and in their bottom six, scoring isn't their issue as they lead the league in goals and their powerplay is 3rd as of today

I doubt Buffalo isn’t looking at a leadership change. That’s a team that started out 7-3 and have completely fallen off the map. 

If they’re losing Hinistroza and potentially Okposo in the offseason, that’s two right wingers gone.

Boeser fits in their age group and could be a more “veteran” leader to guys like Quinn and Cozens.

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s not about wanting him it’s about making a hockey trade where you swap two underperforming players.

If Mantha regains his form here we can flip him for a top pick next season. Something we won’t be able to get for Boeser under his current contract.

Boeser isn't even underperforming. In what world is 0.8 points per game for a 23rd overall pick underperforming? He is better than Mantha in everyway. It's not a trade that makes sense for us. Unless the goal is to try compete. Cause if Mantha regains his form, why would we trade him? You don't think the team will see him playing good and think "hey maybe we can make a run."

And not to mention we already don't have room for Boeser, why would Mantha be any different? He's literally a worse Boeser. So somehow he's magically gonna find his form here despite being stuck behind a bunch of other wingers? If we're moving Boeser it better be for prospects or a mid 20s top 4 D that needs a change of scenery. Not for a distinct downgrade winger that CDC thinks we can EA and trade for prospects at the deadline for no reason.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Boeser isn't even underperforming. In what world is 0.8 points per game for a 23rd overall pick underperforming? He is better than Mantha in everyway. It's not a trade that makes sense for us. Unless the goal is to try compete. Cause if Mantha regains his form, why would we trade him? You don't think the team will see him playing good and think "hey maybe we can make a run."

And not to mention we already don't have room for Boeser, why would Mantha be any different? He's literally a worse Boeser. So somehow he's magically gonna find his form here despite being stuck behind a bunch of other wingers? If we're moving Boeser it better be for prospects or a mid 20s top 4 D that needs a change of scenery. Not for a distinct downgrade winger that CDC thinks we can EA and trade for prospects at the deadline for no reason.

If you’re only looking at points, sure he’s performing. Scouts look at other things than points though. They’re looking at things like his skating and board battles which have been pretty weak this season.

On a team that’s scoring almost 4 goals a game players are going to get points. You need to look at context.

Also Boeser wants a change of scenery so you have to make a deal. You’re not getting a young top 4, you can give up that idea right now. You’re not making a trade without taking an underperforming player, that’s just the way it is.

Mantha can provide scoring in the top 9 and we get out of the contract one year sooner than Boeser.

Be prepared to be disappointed if you think this is bad value. Teams don’t value Boeser as much as Canucks fans.

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser on a career year pace he isn’t underperforming he doing exactly what he’s done every year. 

Cap,Heath,defence,change of scenery/shake up thats why boeser is being shopped. 

Saying he’s underperforming is false. 

we need the cap more than anything taking back anything that extends past this year is redundant unless we can flip them At the TDL. 

Edited by combover

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I doubt Buffalo isn’t looking at a leadership change. That’s a team that started out 7-3 and have completely fallen off the map. 

If they’re losing Hinistroza and potentially Okposo in the offseason, that’s two right wingers gone.

Boeser fits in their age group and could be a more “veteran” leader to guys like Quinn and Cozens.

Aye, as I said, because they can't keep pucks out of their net. I reckon that'll be top priority. 

I doubt they're worried about Hinistroza, he's on the smaller side and hasn't blown anyone away in Buffalo. He could probably be replaced internally or fairly easily via UFA. Maybe Okposo returns, maybe he doesn't, but he's not in their top six anyway. As of right now their top right wingers are Tuch and Quinn. Quinn is a 2020 8OA pick, I don't see them looking to plunk a roadblock in front of him if he's producing and Boeser ain't displacing Tuch. 

Buffalo doesn't need Boeser, and they're honestly better off just keeping their cap flex imo. If they want to add veterans they'll probably do that via their bottom six or D anyway. A Boeser trade suits the Canucks more than it does the Sabres, offense isn't their issue. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

Boeser on a career year pace he isn’t underperforming he doing exactly what he’s done every year. 
he

Cap,Heath,defence,change of scenery/shake up thats why boeser is being shopped. 

Saying he’s underperforming is false. 

we need the cap more than anything taking back anything that extends past this year is redundant unless we can flip them At the TDL. 

He’s on pace for 14 goals, his lowest total since coming in the league.

Not sure what you’re talking about not underperforming…

Hes paid as a goal scorer, not to pick up easy points playing with Horvat and Petey.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Aye, as I said, because they can't keep pucks out of their net. I reckon that'll be top priority. 

I doubt they're worried about Hinistroza, he's on the smaller side and hasn't blown anyone away in Buffalo. He could probably be replaced internally or fairly easily via UFA. Maybe Okposo returns, maybe he doesn't, but he's not in their top six anyway. As of right now their top right wingers are Tuch and Quinn. Quinn is a 2020 8OA pick, I don't see them looking to plunk a roadblock in front of him if he's producing and Boeser ain't displacing Tuch. 

Buffalo doesn't need Boeser, and they're honestly better off just keeping their cap flex imo. If they want to add veterans they'll probably do that via their bottom six or D anyway. A Boeser trade suits the Canucks more than it does the Sabres, offense isn't their issue. 

They’ve got Dahlin, Power and Samuelsson locked in and 17 mil in cap space to address the D.

Adding scoring and fixing the D can both be achieved.

I don’t think the Devils are looking at their forwards and thinking they have too much offense.

Edited by DeNiro