The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah their drafting has been pretty abysmal considering the pics they had. Not a gold standard there at all. :lol:

Every team has misses.

They filled key positions through drafting something we haven’t been able to do.

The jury is still out on Lafreniere and Kakko.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Their team/city can handle a rebuild, especially one in which they win lotteries. 

for reference, we are 31st in lottery luck in the league. Rangers are top 2.

would you really want to watch another season like this where we end up dropping 3-4 spots to watch NJ, NYR or Philly jump up another 10+ spots? 

That rebuild model is a joke. 

Rebuild model is how Cups are won.  Not a whole lot of winners since 2000 without at least one homegrown top 2.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

2 hours ago, Knucklehd said:

Trying to increase Boeser's trade value and lower Kuzmenko's re-signing value all at the same time. Smartest thing they have done in a while. Lmao, never in 30+ years have I seen our franchise so lost.

I don’t get it can you explain?

41 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I was just listening to AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie" and was thinking about tonight's game.

Then came here to see what was up, and found a "Whole Lotta Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!"

I’m glad people are speaking up about the direction of this franchise on this message board. It’s about time.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm mostly referring to how they handled the fans.  I think our fanbase would accept a rebuild as opposed to whatever the hell the untrained chimps in our front office are doing.

I think the point is for all the bluster about a "rebuild", they re-tooled on the fly instead........which, of course, is what almost every team does.  This "rebuild" myth is exactly that, a myth

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rebuild model is how Cups are won.  Not a whole lot of winners since 2000 without at least one homegrown top 2.

Yup.  Look at our two best Cup run teams.  One led by Linden (our 2 OA) and the other lead by the Twins (our 2 OAand 3 OA). If we look at the last Cup winners we see very high picks as key pieces for those teams.  Just the Bruins and Blues that I can think of who don’t fit.  So 2 out 20.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I think the point is for all the bluster about a "rebuild", they re-tooled on the fly instead........which, of course, is what almost every team does.  This "rebuild" myth is exactly that, a myth

No it’s not.  Teams dive t9 the bottom to get high picks every year, and the smart ones do it several years in a row.  They trade off their older assets for picks and create cap space to acquire more picks by taking on stupid teams (like us) toxic contracts.  How many veryhigh picks have we traded away in recent years to dump cap?  

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Prediction on how the topics will play out in here tonight ...

STILLMAN 

STILLMAN

Rebuild 

OEL 

Boeser 

Miller 

Horvat

Defense 

Goaltending

Benning 

JR/PA  

Terrible 

Horrible

Rebuild 

Rebuild 

STILLMAN 

Rebuild

3, 2, 1 and go ...

That entire list has already been checked off.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Prediction on how the topics will play out in here tonight ...

STILLMAN 

STILLMAN

Rebuild 

OEL 

Boeser 

Miller 

Horvat

Defense 

Goaltending

Benning 

JR/PA  

Terrible 

Horrible

Rebuild 

Rebuild 

STILLMAN 

Rebuild

3, 2, 1 and go ...

E6AAFBD3-BB24-402C-A025-DB9506688D8F.jpeg.924e9ec45b1cff1d733b991f2f23320a.jpeg

• Haha 3

Just now, Barnstorm said:

I’d like to insert, in no particular order.

anthem singer sucks,

game start time woes, 

fire the dj and where’s Apricot when you need her?

Don’t forget Ron McLean ,Friedman hrudy. They complete all the festivity’s. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1