The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's the saying isn't it:

When your best players are your best players. 

I don't mind if they start showing up now. 

Bieksa said, almost the same thing that: the best players, in the 2011 roster - were also the hardest workers.  I just cant envision LE 2.0 (OEL) and Miller being those types, unless it is a FA year.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We’re more than a third of the way through the season.

If their eyes aren’t open then they’re never gonna be. The time for learning lessons is over. If they don’t get it by now they’re not going to.

Your exactly right, this team is not built right and trying to teach them how to play is pointless. We have players on this team who are way more concerned of their paycheck then to win any hockey games. That 'win at all cost' is just not there.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

With the amount of times that Miller is making those ridiculous passes, I am wondering if he is doing it on purpose now. ????

IMHAO Miller (and others on our club) are out of shape and a bit too heavy.  The longer their shifts (and into the game) the more they tire.  Tired brains make mistakes.  

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Miller (and others on our club) are out of shape and a bit too heavy.  The longer their shifts (and into the game) the more they tire.  Tired brains make mistakes.  

I think Miller plays too much. I bet he would be a more successful 2 way player if he played 18-19 minutes instead of 22-23 minutes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chon derry said:

Stillman was aquired from Chicago, previous to that he played for the panthers. 

I see you don’t understand my reference. 

Rutherford won a . Cup with Cory Stillman playing. Riley is corys son 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Add Miller, Garland, Boeser to that list please.  

This team is miles away from being a contender.  

Basicallywe have Petey and Hughes and Demko. 

I think we’ll trade one of those guys, in addition to the pending UFAs. Probably not for a much though - just to free up cap.

The mix on this team is just bad. Even lateral moves that bring in fresh faces may improve things.

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

That's literally the definition of a tautology. There are reasons why shooting percentages are higher in some areas of the ice than others, and possibly giving up possession for a low percentage play is simply bad hockey. 

So this team's damned if they do/don't then.

Fans SCREAM for shots and not to pass it around waiting for the pretty play. On the perimeter, yes, but that's often how things first set up for those grade a chances. Greasy goals matter too and those come through blasting a shot and then hoping for rebounds. Tips are a thing now.

As a wise man said "shotsshotsshotsshotsshots". Another one said "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take". (Some pretty good hockey guys)

So I guess I just feel that by increasing the odds through volume (vs perfection) is reasonable. I feel like some here are never happy...when we outshoot the opposition...shots are good enough. 

To be honest, Wild got lucky last night. We could have easily buried 3-4 goals, just in 5 on 5. Kudos to them, they blocked shots and capitalized on their breaks. 

We lost this game because of 2 reasons. Our special teams, and Gustafson or whatever the goalies name was, he was lights out. 

Type of game you don’t really lose sleep over, on to the next game. 

Miller needs to get his shit together though. 

30 minutes ago, R3aL said:

It’s not even his deployment usually it’s just he doesn’t keep his shift times short.

EP40 has CRISP shift times. Usually never stays out longer than he should.

most of millers big gaffes happen when he’s been out too long.

keys to getting the most out of miller:

1. Deploy him on PP 
2. Play on Wing only

3. cement into him short shifts 40 seconds, not 60-90 seconds. punish him for when he stays out longer 

4. insulate him with good line mates 

5. trade him plz 

Good sign of leadership and accountability from EP, and a lack of it from Miller. I really wish this team was better but it is not to be, Mgmt needs to trade everyone over the age of 26 (other than Schenn unless they get an offer they can't refuse).

• Like 2