The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Garland's name gets thrown out lots in proposals, but he's very low on my list of guys to move. He's such a gamer and deserves a larger role on the team, imo. 

yeah garlands awesome but if we have to move him and brock to keep Kuz and Bo then im alright with that

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah garlands awesome but if we have to move him and brock to keep Kuz and Bo then im alright with that

Actually Garland is far from awesome.  We’ve been trying to fully dumperoo his cap for a long time, but no takers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

Just now, Comeback_Kings said:

Flames could have really used a player with his kind of creativity last night.  

If any team wanted Garland he’d be gone a long time ago.  He’s small, slow, and isn’t great on the PK or PP.  if we do get rid of him it will be for a player another teams wants to ge5 rid of, like Josh Anderson, or Anthony Mantha.  But we are trying to clear cap.  

7 hours ago, Googlie said:

He did have seasons of 10, 15, 7, 7 and 15 for his first 5 years with Gretzky and the Kings

But, yes, my examples were poor.

My intent was to imply that the skill was with the passer (Pettersson, Miller, the Sedins, Gretzky) rather than the the finisher. 

Obviously I failed. :mellow:

No you didn't fail with your point... you failed in that the person your comment was directed towards seems to have difficulty in understanding how important a play driver like Pettersson can be in how productive his linemates are.

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, what happened to the supposed Flambe fans who were going to LUUUUUU when Lucic hit the ice?  :ph34r:  I guess he was scratched.

That headshot on Aman from Brett Ritchie. Guy should be kicked out of the league. Disgusting.  Glad Nils is okay. 

Did anyone stick up for Aman for that hit? 

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Hey all you JT haters, please read…

It's a good point for sure.  Puts things in to perspective a bit.  The majority of those players have better advanced stats and significantly more takeaways than JT however.  Millers play this year has been concerning no matter which way you look at it. 

I think you may be on to something with him fighting an injury.  He looks... wrong?  I don't expect him to age well but I don't think that age is currently his issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Hey all you JT haters, please read…

Haven't you heard?   It's "all-the time".   As in 2/3 games.   There is a reason why QHs and Miller are the puck distributors on the PP.   Because well the coach at least, thinks that's the best way to go.   For every 20 good passes he makes one terrible one that's glaring.    EPs a good passer too, but i suppose they like his shot more.    Nice to have a lot of options. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1