The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 22 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Seattle Kraken - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

• -DLC- pinned and featured this topic
11 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Without Pettersson this could be the first ever regular season win over the Canucks for the Kraken. This could be the game where this predicted rivalry finally kicks into high gear. As bad as the Canucks have been lately, they aren’t going to give up easily tonight.

-

Resilience

27 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Was invited to the game but can't go. Bah, humbug!

I will be behind this team come hell or high water. Freezing rain even.

I can't help but hope for wins...losing is for losers. Does not feel good. Let's go Canucks!

I'm concerned for Christmas Eve. Which is my family's Christmas. They are calling for warmer temperature's and rain. So it could make the roads a gong show with melting snow.

It might turn out I see my Brother and Sister and their families on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

image.png.b49e6b440d0edf9834f05c7b9dbe8eba.png

Media:

TV: Sportsnet Pacific

Radio: Sportsnet 650

Overview

Twas the last home game before Christmas and not much is stirring. Elias Pettersson apparently won't be, being knocked around by a nasty flu virus which creates a cavernous hole which the Kraken will love. The Canucks have talked a lot about effort and improvement but haven't managed a regulation win since beginning their slate of 7 games before Christmas against Western Opponents. Over the first 5 games they have 1 OT win, 1 shootout win and three listless losses by a combined score of 13-2 so far.

The Canucks have switched lines in practice again and sent Hoglander down to Abbotsford. Lane Petterson will start his third game in a row, and while he's not the cause of any blame he is on a 45-game goal-less streak in the big leagues. The blueline is also seeing a shift with Ethan Bear being the odd one out at practice, a puzzling move perhaps but would it be possible for the blueline to be any worse? (the tank commanders say yes). Martin will start in net with Silovs being the backup again although Dellia is expected to be recalled to start tomorrow against the Oilers.

For the Kraken, snow cancelled their practice but they are coming off 2 wins. Their last win was a 5-2 victory over the Blues albeit a blues team with Greiss and without Kyrou who had a hatrick against Vancouver. Ryan Donato has goals in 4 straight games and former Canuck McCann has 3 goals in his last 5 games. The Canucks will have to be aware of the Kraken's blueliners as they have balanced scoring and have combined for 18 goals this season which puts them near the top of the league (vs just 7 for Vancouver). Jones should be in goal tonight.

2 months ago the Canucks got their first win of the season against the Kraken, ending a 7 game losing streak and bringing needed joy to fans. Since that victory they have 12 wins and 11 losses. Canucks fans will not expect victory tonight, but they'll welcome a better effort on home ice.

MATCH-UP INFO

• Tonight marks the second of four meetings between the Canucks and Blues this season: Oct. 27 (5-4 W @ SEA), Dec. 22 (home), Jan. 25 (away), Apr. 4 (home).
  • The Canucks are 5-0-0 all-time against the Kraken, including a 2-0-0 record at home.
  • Among active Canucks skaters, Conor Garland leads the team in career points against Seattle with eight points (3-5-8) in five games played.
  • J.T. Miller has seven points (1-6-7) in five career games against Seattle
  • Quinn Hughes has six points (1-5-6) in four career games against Seattle.
  • Bo Horvat has three goals in four career games vs Seattle.
  • Andrei Kuzmenko tallied a goal and an assist in his first career game vs Seattle earlier this season.
  • Spencer Martin is 1-0-0 in one career appearance vs Seattle, recording a 2.00 GAA and .938 save percentage.

QUICK NUMBERS

• Bo Horvat has nine goals and 14 points (9-5-13) in his last 15 games and is fourth in the NHL in goals (22) this season.
  • Quinn Hughes has 27 points (0-27-27) this season and is tied for third in the NHL in assists among defencemen (27 in 27 GP).
  • He also is ranked third among NHL defencemen in power play assists with 14.
  • Andrei Kuzmenko has 15 points (6-9-15) in his last 14 games.
  • Conor Garland has points in four of his last six games (2-2-4).
  • Elias Pettersson has 16 points (7-9-16) in his last 13 games and leads the team with the most points (34) and multi-point games this season at 11 (11-16-27 in those 11 games).
  • Luke Schenn holds the NHL all-time record of most hits (2,980) by a defenceman.

LAST MEETING - OCT. 27/22: VAN 5 at SEA 4

Previous games 2022-23 season

Canucks win in Seattle 5-4: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/2465757/

Stats

image.png.5794a6cf88a1e8bbb1f72cfc1a46dc19.png

Lineups (TBC)

Canucks

From practice:

image.png.eaca762929c1b971862926f93fae5a20.png

image.png.1cf9299be90745e8a5d1cd73e318f96d.png

Kraken

From last game, no practice yesterday plus win vs blues so seems likely that no changes

image.png.1b602e30778c680db8560492b057271c.png

image.png.9931c1f47ac711b56b111294d16dfe9b.png

Goaltenders

image.png.fca4b03344c54b74082de4fdfe400bda.png

Lineup news

Canucks

image.png.38527757fe07db343f2732e058f464bb.png

image.png.57bb1effdcb9045cb8ee53a6e2333649.png

image.png.9ff250bd8b8c739dee14ba326313fe87.png

Kraken

image.png.84fc9f520f0a37f7522eaa048a718bf5.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Playing vs the Canucks is like practice. I mean what other team let’s you keep the puck for that long in the offensive zone… I mean if one Canuck just charges at the puck carrier they could bobble the puck or make errors.. or force them to take a bad shot. That’s what the opposing teams do to the Canucks .

31 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Was invited to the game but can't go. Bah, humbug!

I will be behind this team come hell or high water. Freezing rain even.

I can't help but hope for wins...losing is for losers. Does not feel good. Let's go Canucks!

Good on you. Winning definitely makes watching the game more enjoyable.

They unfortunately have the worst home record at this point, in their whole history! I don’t know what it is but they are horrible at a Rogers Arena. Nevertheless, team needs good fans in the stands. 

• Like 1