The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday December 22 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Seattle Kraken - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, billabong said:

Canucks are showcasing Myers right now and after what dreiger said on insider trading there’s a small chance he gets dealt before the deadline 

theres no way he is being scratched over bear even if bear is playing better hockey right now 

and seriously does it REALLY matter? They’re gonna suck and lose anyways 

Bear should be getting more opportunities - we want him to feel happy in vancouver, and willing to sign long term. We should get 5-8 good years out of him. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Does it really matter? There is no way we are making the playoffs now. Might as well sink lower for that better pick. God damn. I’ve turned into that kind of “fan” now :picard:

Welcome to the hotel Stillman

Checkout time is never

Glad to have you with us.

SALUTE THE COMMANDER

What to expect from newly acquired defenceman Riley Stillman

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Does it really matter? There is no way we are making the playoffs now. Might as well sink lower for that better pick. God damn. I’ve turned into that kind of “fan” now :picard:

It’s for the greater good my friend. Short term pain equates to long term gain. That’s really what it comes down to. The future sadly isn’t now, it’s better to stock up and get more prime pieces in the draft to add to the prime pieces we already have in Demko, Petey and Hughes. Afterall they once upon a time were just picks. Nobody likes to cheer for losing but in the big picture it’s the best route to where we need to go. 

Welcome to the club!

24F4AC80-F8B9-4468-8693-EA1286E6ED97.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I may have missed this, but does anybody know why it looks like Bear will be a healthy scratch against Seattle?

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bear recently said the team was having too much fun and they needed to get to work. Maybe Bruce didn't like the "removing the fun" idea.

Perhaps the "country club" leadership didn't like the newbie (Bear) speaking out, so they whined to coach boy Bruce, and he took care of things? Just my $.02 

I think Bear has been very good in his role, he's a good guy and a good player. He's a "character guy" through and through. I've said this from the time he was brought in here.

52 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Bear recently said the team was having too much fun and they needed to get to work. Maybe Bruce didn't like the "removing the fun" idea.

You need to have fun otherwise the games get under your skin when you are not playing well.

Fine line to get players on the same page and playing good hockey as the mind needs structure and some happiness at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Perhaps the "country club" leadership didn't like the newbie (Bear) speaking out, so they whined to coach boy Bruce, and he took care of things? Just my $.02 

I think Bear has been very good in his role, he's a good guy and a good player. He's a "character guy" through and through. I've said this from the time he was brought in here.

I think many have been neutered over the years. They come here with vim and vinegar and either "Conform" or ask to be traded out of here.

• Cheers 1