The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

These third jerseys need to be our main or at least keep the design.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

19 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I love the skate jersey as well. Either one I would be happy with. What are everyone's impressions of our current jersey, colour scheme?

19 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'm a big fan of our current colour scheme and jersey. Personally, I have no issue with embracing our wild jersey history, but also love that we've now had a logo for an extended period of time and have established a far more secure long-term identity. We've had some iteration of the Orca for about 25 years now and I think the blue and green fits in perfectly with the nature-focused and coastal environment of our province.

Love our current Blue/Green/White jerseys. They are the original colors of the Canucks, and never should have changed anyways. Blue/Green/White is the perfect color scheme to represent not just Vancouver but the province of BC.

Agreed with @-AJ-'s take on the Orca logo too. Tbh I think the logo is awesome. Most of the hate is because people are opposed to having our logo synonymous with "Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment"... But the logo has been on our jerseys for almost 30 years. I grew up with it and love it. Spaghetti plate is so boring and Johnny Canuck is amateur.

Just keep the current colors/jerseys with the black skate as our 3rd. This team has had too many jersey changes as is so let's not keep having an identity crisis for the next 50 years.

Besides... I just bought a Pettersson home jersey :lol:

Edited by Maginator
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

19 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I just love those colours...they're sharp/crisp. More intimidation/less calm and soothing.

IMO it's less about the jerseys and more about the team.

I don't think any other team playing the 2010-2011 Canucks would think they're not intimidating.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Goalie Interference said:

I am surprised there is (a) so much love for the disco skate and (b) no love for the V's.

Don't get me wrong--I don't want to see us in yellow. But I'd love a return to the black one or a navy-green-white variation.

A blue/green/white flying V is my dream reserve retro jersey. It'll happen...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

Love the jersey, hate the logo. It literally is an AHL logo. If they can swap the logo to the orca it would be perfect. I'm probably in the minority here but I love the orca. 

Ya that's why I think. A lot of jersey rankings have put the new retros at the top. So they must have gotten a lot right.  

• Like 1

Is there anyone who could do a mock-up of the orca white logo on the new retros. That would be cool. I don't understand why they couldn't do the white orca logo on their road white jerseys. I know it's a lot of white but it would be nice to have one primary logo. I hate that we have two.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

Its also grown on me too. It is cartoonish but it does have history (like the penguins old cartoonish logo). As long as it’s only a third, or fourth after the black skate, I’m good with it. I’m sure the younger fans like it. It works even more with the laces and “vintagized” colours 

50 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Its also grown on me too. It is cartoonish but it does have history (like the penguins old cartoonish logo). As long as it’s only a third, or fourth after the black skate, I’m good with it. I’m sure the younger fans like it. It works even more with the laces and “vintagized” colours 

I don’t want to really weigh on in on the logo talk once again, but I really fail to understand the “cartoonish” criticism that always gets brought up in regards to Johnny Canuck. Every logo is cartoonish. 

Edited by McBackup

I really like the look as well. Colouring and design is on point.

It's just the Johnny Canuck logo that I'm not super keen on. To me, a logo is best not looking like a fun cartoon character as your main logo. Put it back on the shoulders or something, and figure out a way to colour the skate logo appropriately.

I know this isn’t about the reverse retro jersey but does anyone know what’s up with not wearing the flying skate so far this year? I thought I heard it was our new third jersey but it’s so far been, home whale, away whale, and RR.

Just wondering if anyone knew when or if we are going to wear the black skate this year. Because I think we have a crazy record with wearing them, heck even had a winning streak at the end of the season with them last year. What gives with our “new” third jersey? 

While the logo and striping have grown on me significantly, I just don't like the colours as much as the ones on our main set.  The off-white feels like it's trying too hard for that "old tyme hockey" look and the Navy just seems dark and dull compared to our normal Royal Blue.

As far as a jersey change goes, I find myself agreeing more and more with Joseph Borovich.  Just put the original Stick and Rink on our current jerseys and call it a day.  Maybe change the agency font to something more traditional and adapt a complimentary shoulder patch but leave the changes at that.  Borovich's logo is the closest we're going to get a classic at this point anyways.

19 hours ago, AK_19 said:

Love the jersey, hate the logo. It literally is an AHL logo. If they can swap the logo to the orca it would be perfect. I'm probably in the minority here but I love the orca. 

AK_19, you are correct. You are in the minority, I'm afraid. The majority of the Canucks fan base and hockey fans in general would take Johnny Canuck in a second over the Orca.

19 hours ago, Muttley said:

No your not. :canucks:

I was just at the NHL Official Store in downtown Manhattan. The Johnny Canuck logo and Reverse Retro jersey is extremely popular and is always sold out.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

AK_19, you are correct. You are in the minority, I'm afraid. The majority of the Canucks fan base and hockey fans in general would take Johnny Canuck in a second over the Orca.

I was just at the NHL Official Store in downtown Manhattan. The Johnny Canuck logo and Reverse Retro jersey is extremely popular and is always sold out.

Maybe those that experienced the pain of changing to the Orca,  get what sort of trepidation must exist with those growing up with the Orca and how that would suck changing it for the next 30 or so years to something else.     This club has a history or re-branding itself.   Johnny Canuck is the first logo other folks with no skin in it love.    Still, even now, when proper polls are done, the Skate always wins lol.    You're not in the minority.   That said I also get acceptance is worthwhile.   And i've accepted the Orca is probably going to remain until we have new ownership. 

Edited by IBatch

13 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

I know this isn’t about the reverse retro jersey but does anyone know what’s up with not wearing the flying skate so far this year? I thought I heard it was our new third jersey but it’s so far been, home whale, away whale, and RR.

Just wondering if anyone knew when or if we are going to wear the black skate this year. Because I think we have a crazy record with wearing them, heck even had a winning streak at the end of the season with them last year. What gives with our “new” third jersey? 

They will save that for the playoff push - when the team needs a boost. 

• Cheers 1

With so many changes in colours and logos over the years the fan base will all have good/bad memories attached to each era. Plus it's all subjective. Reading these forums over the years I've also noticed these Jersey threads change in what's popular. I remember in 06/07 with the original orca everyone wanted back the original stick and rink with blue and green, myself included. Then the next year they changed to the blue and green orca. No one wanted the black/yellow/orange skate from what I remember like they do now.

I really like the RR Johnny Canuck logo and Jersey. Way classier and less cartoony than the Abbotsford JC. Although I agree the dark blue isn't as nice as the original Canucks blue and green. I'd be happier with JC logo over the orca on the current jerseys. I like classic looking jerseys without shoulder patches and simplicity. More like what the Canadiens, Flames, Oilers and Leafs currently have. I don't mind the black skate Jersey as an alternate.

• Upvote 2