The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller Interview on Delia Incident

Rate this topic

JamesB

17 hours ago, -DLC- said:

OMG, seriously?

What a big fuss over nothing. This is ridiculous...he's a competitor who wants to win. He cares about his teammates and has made that clear. Good God, no one'll ever want to sign here if this is the kind of stuff we blow up.

The coach DID make the call but admits it was somewhat confusing. Holy hell, this is such a non story and it's kind of embarrassing that our fan base runs with it. We're always wanting to create a stir and this soap opera mentality is really too much.

From people tracking down GM's in supermarkets to flying planes overhead to screaming over a guy who, in the dying seconds of a close game, reacted with urgency. It's always something.

While I'm not a fan of Miller, I agree with what you say. It really wasn't a big deal.

But that interview by Miller goes to show that he doesn't have the right personality to be a star player on this team, which requires dealing with the crazy media. 

The best is to say very little and when you must say something, make sure it's as mechanistic as possible. In that interview, Miller revealed his feelings, which I interpreted as him saying that he doesn't care about the outside noise (especially the one generated from the media). But it was intentionally twisted by the media as, "I don't give a f*ck about the fans."

This market is crazy. Lots of crazy fans and crazy media. Imagine not getting laid for 52 years. Well that's the Canucks fan base. We don't know what it feels like to win, and many of us only know of the anger associated with coming close and getting the cup stolen in front of our very own eyes by the NHL and the refs. And the worst part is, it doesn't look like we are going to win for a while. I hope we get a chance in year 60? 8 years later when Miller's contract comes to an end.

17 hours ago, -DLC- said:

OMG, seriously?

What a big fuss over nothing. This is ridiculous...he's a competitor who wants to win. He cares about his teammates and has made that clear. Good God, no one'll ever want to sign here if this is the kind of stuff we blow up.

The coach DID make the call but admits it was somewhat confusing. Holy hell, this is such a non story and it's kind of embarrassing that our fan base runs with it. We're always wanting to create a stir and this soap opera mentality is really too much.

From people tracking down GM's in supermarkets to flying planes overhead to screaming over a guy who, in the dying seconds of a close game, reacted with urgency. It's always something.

Urgently skating the wrong direction ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Lol. Glad he doesn't care about the ones that pay for his ridiculous salary to play a game. We are irrelevant apparently lol. 

He'd be working at 711 if it wasn't for the people he " doesn't care about" , but you do you JT.  What an idiot. I don't think I've ever disliked a member of our own team like this before.  There is a first for everything I guess.  

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

Urgently skating the wrong direction ::D

You do realize JTM had to go back, with puck on stick, head up control, behind his net because Delia not leaving the ice screwed up the planned play, right?  Delia is supposed to go in the near door, and his replacement goes out the far door and skates between the D to push them off the blue line.  Then Miller can pick where to move the puck, likely hard up the wall to a winger who chips and three guys are chasing it down while entering the zone with speed.  Delia messed all that up.  Everyone had to circle back.  Including Miller, who (very wisely) took it behind our net.  

• Haha 2

Moody Miller sure looks like the guy everyone puts up with because he’s talented but no one really wants around half the time because he’s a dinkus. 

Wanted to bring him back last year, now I’m thinking that was a mistake. Too many red flags. 

edit: I know we only see so much as fans and I sure hope I’m wrong but….

Edited by J-Dizzle
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Sorry, this was not a good look and is just a terrible attitude for Miller to have. I get that at least he hates to lose and shows some emotion, unlike most of the passengers on this team but this comes across as being immature and whiny. I am not sure of this kind of so called leadership is right for this group. It shows on his character that now he has a big fat contract that he can give up on plays, not backcheck, turnover the puck like no tomorrow and put out an unacceptable effort too often. 

Anyways, this probably was blown up too much by the media but hope the team moves on and just focuses on their game.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

he does agree.  Really though, BB made a big mistake taking the blame rather than just saying it's an internal matter or something like that.  Miller gives off the air of thinking he doesn't have to be accountable for anyone

Bo made a big mistake… he should have dealt with this right away… what kind of a leader is he?

46 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Bo made a big mistake… he should have dealt with this right away… what kind of a leader is he?

He does need to put some reigns on Miller, but, like BB, seems to walk on eggshells with JTM

• Like 1

Man you people and the media here are pathetic.

Mountains out of molehills. And it's embarrassing with all of this in the public, all over social media. And accusing him of not caring about the fans? Why because of a can-did interview where he probably didn't want to talk about something so stupid? I feel sorry for your wives...

JT Miller is the least of our problems.

And to the poster saying that Messier led to trading Linden N that got us bertuzzi and McCabe which led to the twins etc.

That right there is why I think we should trade Horvat

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Great leadership by JTM.  Delia needed a kick in the rear.  His hesitation screwed up the timing of the preplanned play. 

Maybe so but he didn't need it done in public. I'm sure you'd handle it well