The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Let go of your Bo-hate man, lol. Celebrate greatness. So far Bo has been GREAT, full stop. You can’t pin a damn thing about the overall team’s record on him.

It's not Bo-hate lol. It's reality. What we could get back for him, yes will hurt in the short run but be worth it in the long run. They should have kept him over Miller but that's not realistic now because if that dumb contract they signed Miller to. The future is what is important right now. You honestly think we are that close to a cup contender? Be honest and admit they aren't. Things need to change. Individual stats mean nothing to what should be the overall goal for this franchise.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Wow! That January schedule will be the Nail in the coffin for this team.    Except for Chicago, I would expect them to lose every other game this month as they'll finally have to play a long string against good teams instead of mediocre teams.      That should be perfect timing for JR and PA to start the tear-down at trade deadline.

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I count 3 odd man rushes directly his fault as well, which has exaggerated my vision of the goals. 

Fact is Myers has been AHL quality all game. We pay him 6 mil a year. He deserves to be benched next game

Myers needs a complete reset... a trip to the press box might give him some perspective.

All of his errors are mental... most are unforced.

Its like he is in a complete brain fog most games.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I count 3 odd man rushes directly his fault as well, which has exaggerated my vision of the goals. 

Fact is Myers has been AHL quality all game. We pay him 6 mil a year. He deserves to be benched next game

I agree.  I was hoping he was benched after that 3rd goal.  But I'm just stating the facts that 2/3 goals weren't really his fault.  Unless you count penalties against players.  But that should've been a PK Kill IMO.  

18 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

It's their structure.  They try to PK like they're Tampa Bay.  They don't have the personnel to play like that.

There isn't structure.  Nobody trusts the guy next to him , so they end up leaving an entire side open......constantly 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's a big ask, it'd likely cost us 

Depends who they're moving out I guess.  The lineup needs major surgery.......move our Miller, Boeser, Hughes and youve got some good pieces back and cap space to burn

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It's not Bo-hate lol. It's reality. What we could get back for him, yes will hurt in the short run but be worth it in the long run. They should have kept him over Miller but that's not realistic now. The future is what is important right now. You honestly think we are that close to a cup contender? Be honest and admit they aren't. Things need to change. Individual stats mean nothing to the overall goal.

Yes we are cup contender. Let’s get LE back over from Europe next year. Really put all our chips in 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Well, a loss while Horvat pumping his trade value isn’t too bad.

Also I think JR may be on to something with “structure.” How easily our defence collapses.…starting to see why Bruce teams struggle in the Playoffs maybe?

The damage was done by Benning and Green. That’s why this defense is a do over.

No way you can blame Boudreau for the way Myers and Hughes play in their own end.

• Like 1

Just now, cuporbust said:

There isn't structure.  Nobody trusts the guy next to him , so they end up leaving an entire side open......constantly 

There is a structure.  It's just stupid.  They leave 1 forward in the middle of the ice to prevent the "bumper" play.  The top guy has to cover whoever has the puck up top like a damn pendulum which never works since the puck moves way faster than the skater.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Myers needs a complete reset... a trip to the press box might give him some perspective.

All of his errors are mental... most are unforced.

Its like he is in a complete brain fog most games.

He actually needs a One-Way trip out of Vancouver.     No need to sugar coat what really needs to be done with him.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1