The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Depends who they're moving out I guess.  The lineup needs major surgery.......move our Miller, Boeser, Hughes and youve got some good pieces back and cap space to burn

I mean, you're not wrong

But I don't see Boeser being easy to move, I don't see us moving Hughes, and I question whether management has the balls to fix their mistake by trading Miller 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Wow! That January schedule will be the Nail in the coffin for this team.    Except for Chicago, I would expect them to lose every other game this month as they'll finally have to play a long string against good teams instead of mediocre teams.      That should be perfect timing for JR and PA to start the tear-down at trade deadline.

You watch the only game they’ll lose will be Chicago lololololololol

classic Canucks almost time to go on a pointless run to ruin draft position. 
be buyers at the deadline for fingers crossed  all important “ playoff revenue” 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I mean, you're not wrong

But I don't see Boeser being easy to move, I don't see us moving Hughes, and I question whether management has the balls to fix their mistake by trading Miller 

Hughes is going nowhere. 

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't see how this team makes the playoffs the next 2-3 years after trading Horvat.

After apparently not being able to drum up much in terms of trade for Miller, then panicking and signing that 7x8 deal (lol)….how many actually believe this management team is going to get a trade haul in line with Horvat’s value? I’m skeptical.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The damage was done by Benning and Green. That’s why this defense is a do over.

No way you can blame Boudreau for the way Myers and Hughes play in their own end.

Not blaming Bruce, I want major roster changes, though I’m looking forward to the new head coach.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well the same as it has been the last three years. Having him has done nothing to change that. 

Who's gonna replace him? Nobody comes close to replacing him and no return will come close in any short amount of time. He's been the most reliable player for years and is currently the team MVP.

I get we have to move him but we're are sure gonna suck for the next 2-3 years, maybe more.