The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 03, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Building around EP, you want a big fast team.  We have a small slow team. 
‘I like that we have sent Podz, Rathbone, Hogz, Aman all down. Time to insulate them from the losing/toxic NHL team and the baby ‘Nucks are starting to roll playing solid defensive hockey. 
‘The problems on this team couldn’t be fixed in a season and will take a while to even start clearing out bad contracts. 

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

This team is hunting for offence when the Islanders just gave them a first hand lesson on the importance of prioritizing defence. 

Edited your comment DUC

To this fact. We are not going to score our way out of this. NYI shut us down. Our defense is more finesse style.We need a Gudas or Mayfield on our 3rd pairing. 

This team loves the finesse speed and skill players. This has been this way since Bos vs the Sedin's. 

1 hour ago, jyu said:

Bruce is an offensive coach but we saw last season that solid defensive coach can help him (Brad Shaw).

It's clear that whatever Yeo has been trying to implement is failing, like Baumer's.

Either way, the coaching staff will not be here come next season.

Canucks default to a puck possession game at almost every opportunity. In their own zone, with Hughes on the ice, I can see the temptation. I totally agree with your Shaw comment. The tendency became a safer play into the neutral zone. At least 2 goals last night were on turnovers in the d-zone, particularly the Meyers turnover, when the score was 3-2 and yet his play was a pass into the middle d-zone instead of off the glass and out. 

Miller has taken a lot of flak on here over the past week about lazy line changes. How about Boeser? He glided to the bench on the one Islander goal and did a half hearted back check on another. I admit I have wanted this guy gone for 2 years now. 

I thought the 2nd period panel was accurate on how the season transpires. PA is waiting on his deals, a number of which he must have cooking. Canucks have a brutal month of January and should be well out of the playoff dream. I still hope they can resign Horvat (not in stone) and move Miller-Boeser-Garland-Meyers. OEL? brutal at times. If Horvat and Koz cannot be signed by the TDL then they should go as well.   

A Canucks fan is not a fair weather fan, they live only for the tiny stick of sunlight between the endless rain. Canucks fans do not get top 3 lottery picks, they get draft-day fallers and other team's leftovers. If a player scores 40 goals, they will leave. If they show promise they will be injured or become lazy. They will cheer and idolize undersized grinders who wouldn't fetch a 3rd rounder from any other team. I don't know why anyone would want to be a Canucks fan.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

15 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

A Canucks fan is not a fair weather fan, they live only for the tiny stick of sunlight between the endless rain. Canucks fans do not get top 3 lottery picks, they get draft-day fallers and other team's leftovers. If a player scores 40 goals, they will leave. If they show promise they will be injured or become lazy. They will cheer and idolize undersized grinders who wouldn't fetch a 3rd rounder from any other team. I don't know why anyone would want to be a Canucks fan.

10348532_912144788848930_4976892044659784664_n.jpg.f40cef59adc7ae512797227c4cd19ede.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

You know what's more depressing is the fact their is a young, star in the making, McDavidesk, bc born kid who wants to play for this team and we likely will never see him do so. What's even worse is that he will likely play for an organization such as Chicago. That hurts real bad just thinking about it. Our management didn't have the foresight to think about that and plan for real change. There is a slight chance that they still could but unlikely. We have to make the playoffs in their minds. Pfff Chicago, I can't believe it. More salt in the wound. Defines the Canuck luck right there. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 3

This thread gives me yet another excuse to drink and take drugs.

Like I needed it.

Miller taking that stupid reactionary selfish penalty right off the bat in the 1st set me off.

He had a pretty good game, but still can't control his stupid brain/temper/bad attitude.

Trade Bo?

Beyond stupid.

C'mon Colo!

Let's see what you got.

Best Monty Python Black Knight GIFs | Gfycat

GO CANUCKS BLACK KNIGHTS GO!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1