The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

depends on the deal.......to minny in a deal around wallstedt?  Absolutely

Well if a top goalie prospect is coming back, then sure. But given the way Minnesota has operated lately, I highly doubt they'd give up their best goaltending prospect.

Just now, jyu said:

Well if a top goalie prospect is coming back, then sure. But given the way Minnesota has operated lately, I highly doubt they'd give up their best goaltending prospect.

agreed, but he's going to be a few years before he's ready to be an nhl starter, imo.  However, I agree, it's a pipe dream

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, jyu said:

If Wallestedt is coming to Vancouver. Canucks would definitely have to add, no? 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

agreed, but he's going to be a few years before he's ready to be an nhl starter, imo.  However, I agree, it's a pipe dream

I dunno. Minty would be getting a sure thing with Demko. Wallestedt is still not a sure fire NHL player. There’s a lot to the journey and development that could happen with him. He could continue to project as an NHLer  or he could go wayward. Like so many have said that goalies are a different animal as a player but also in their development. Is Minnesota in win now mode? 

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

So Miller to Jersey? :ph34r:

As much as I'd like that I question how much interest they'd have in his extension 

Tatar will come off the books but a large chunk of that cap will go right back to Bratt

Wood, Haula, and Bernier would cover Miller's cap hit but they have a team to fill out, they've also got Johnson coming off the books but they've got to re-up Sharingovich

They'll also need to re-sign or replace Graves and fit someone into Severson's spot as I see him leaving for UFA 

If Jersey hadn't brought in Palat last summer I could see it but they've got zero flex with that contract given his NMC

I have a hard time seeing a fit for Miller because we'd almost certainly need to be taking cap back and there's nobody there who'd really fit the bill

@J-23 I reckon Carolina, Pittsburgh, and maybe Washington would be the best trade options 

Miller could easily slot into the Pacioretty spot, Pacioretty's expiring contract would almost completely cover Miller's extension too 

As for Pittsburgh, I still like something around the proposal I've made previously, might be willing to even take a 2nd instead

Edited by Coconuts

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to (Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller
3 hours ago, stawns said:

depends on the deal.......to minny in a deal around wallstedt?  Absolutely

Wallstedt already has his NHL number reserved - they are that confident in him being their long term number 1.  Gustavsson was forced to take a new number.

It's also not like they can easily make room for a 5M contract.  They are completely cap strapped next season + Fleury has a full NMC.  There are too few players they are ready to move - Greenway and Goligoski might give them just enough room to complete their roster. 

Edited by mll

56 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

@J-23 I reckon Carolina, Pittsburgh, and maybe Washington would be the best trade options 

Miller could easily slot into the Pacioretty spot, Pacioretty's expiring contract would almost completely cover Miller's extension too 

As for Pittsburgh, I still like something around the proposal I've made previously, might be willing to even take a 2nd instead

Fully expect Miller to be C2 next season.   The aim still seems to make the playoffs next season.  Rutherford doesn't seem to have veered from his 2 year timeline to contend.  

Trading Horvat doesn't really signal a change in direction.  Teams with playoff ambition don't typically remove from their playing roster so receiving a pick over roster players was always more likely.  NYI has been trying to move Beauvilliers for some time already so the Canucks wanting him is just a lucky match.

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, mll said:

Fully expect Miller to be C2 next season.   The aim still seems to make the playoffs next season.  Rutherford doesn't seem to have veered from his 2 year timeline to contend.  

Trading Horvat doesn't really signal a change in direction.  Teams with playoff ambition don't typically remove from their playing roster so receiving a pick over roster players was always more likely.  NYI has been trying to move Beauvilliers for some time already so the Canucks wanting him is just a lucky match.

Ehhh, you're probably right but I'm hoping you aren't. I reckon we probably pick top 12-14 again next seaon Miller or no Miller though.