The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Management "NO-SHOW's" at STH/Memebers only meeting.

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This management group has been hyped up so much, but at the end of the day they haven't really lived up to their billing.  JR may not even be around after next year when his contract is up.  If this mess isn't fixed up by end of next year I can see Aquilini blowing it all up again with new management.  Bring in Barry Trotz to be the coach and an AGM.  Give him the keys.  The on ice product is not worth watching these days.  Gotta get a new defensive structure put in that gives us a chance to win every game versus the run and gun and try to outscore the opposition.

The FO only signed two year deals and I heard JRs' deal was 3 years (?)

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JR signed a 3 year deal from last year.  So he has one more year after this year to fix this mess...

Wait so if the FO only signed two year deals does that mean there’s are up at the end of this season then?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Correct.

I can't find any confirmation on how long Allvin signed for.  There is confirmation JR signed a 3 year deal last year.  If Allvin's contract was expiring this year we would have heard about it, he would be a lame duck GM.  I would assume he also signed a 3 year deal and it expires next year.  Not sure about the rest of the crew though...

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I can't find any confirmation on how long Allvin signed for.  There is confirmation JR signed a 3 year deal last year.  If Allvin's contract was expiring this year we would have heard about it, he would be a lame duck GM.  I would assume he also signed a 3 year deal and it expires next year.  Not sure about the rest of the crew though...

I heard from the time they were hired that Allvin & friends were signed to 2 yr deals and it started at the beginning of 2022.  So, one more year after this season

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Am I the only one who thinks a meeting in the middle of a season is the wrong time to hold a STH meeting ?

I mean your team is vastly underperforming the fans can see that

Do they say we are trying to move everyone and with players knowing this and play even more as individuals to increase their own net worth instead of the team? 

Saying that publicly would lower the trade value

Maybe they are living by the standard, if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing:rolleyes:

I think they may have something burning in trades now and don't want to jeopardize it ?

I still think the meeting should be at seasons end

Rutherford and Allvin were pretty tight lipped when it came to JT Millers deal. They probably dont want to give away any rumours and possibly piss off players if they are on the block. Likely looking to keep everything under the rug until they can get something done and avoid drama/rumours. However they should have asked commented about rescheduling it instead of straight up avoiding it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Apparently this past weekend (According to what was stated on the Donnie & Dhali show) the annual STH's/Members only meeting was held at Rogers, where the STH's get to meet and ask questions of the Canucks management.   Well believe it or not, neither Rutherford, Alvin or any of the Chipmunk Girls bothered showing up and dis-appeared out of sight leaving Stan Smyl on the Hot-Seat to answer angry fans questions.     In the over 20+ years I was a STH, I never saw such a thing happen - ever - and is a slap in the face of the remaining STH's and to many displays cowardice and disrespect towards the paying customers and leaves many wondering why and what they are truly hiding from by staying out of the public eye.   

What?  I'm an STH and didn't even know there was such a meeting.  Sounds like I didn't miss much.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I heard from the time they were hired that Allvin & friends were signed to 2 yr deals and it started at the beginning of 2022.  So, one more year after this season

I think JR and Allvin have deals that end June 2024.  Our owner likes win now moves and these guys are directed to try to win every year but especially by 2024.  Then our owner will hire another group who will follow his direction.  He’s done this since he bought the club.  If season ticket holders don’t like the owner’s direction they don’t need to renew.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Rutherford and Allvin were pretty tight lipped when it came to JT Millers deal. They probably dont want to give away any rumours and possibly piss off players if they are on the block. Likely looking to keep everything under the rug until they can get something done and avoid drama/rumours. However they should have asked commented about rescheduling it instead of straight up avoiding it. 

Where was our owner?

• Vintage 1