The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Management "NO-SHOW's" at STH/Memebers only meeting.

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Getting the feeling that Rutherford and Allvin are in "don't care" mode. I believe that the owner is blocking transactions and JR/PA are limited in what they can do. Really bothers  me that they sent Smyl to the wolves, like cowards. Are they hiding in some bunker? Or are they still doing some socializing in Pittsburgh?

I'm not even excited for Canucks games anymore. Used to be I would be pumped all day waiting for the game to start. Now, I just get annoyed that they're playing another game and they still haven't done anything to fix the team. I feel bad for Bruce having to try and answer for this team's mess. Everyone seems to know the players aren't good enough or the right mix, except for JR/PA. 

Lol wut...?

I knew it was going to be a challenge,” Rutherford said. “We had some work to do to improve the team. It’s probably been a little bigger challenge than I expected in trying to unravel the cap situation here. The sooner we can do that, the sooner we can move forward and improve the team.

He literally said this just the other day.  It sounds like they understand just fine.

22 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Has a single person confirmed if this meeting actually happened? Seems like a ton of speculation and criticism based on nothing.

I saw a photo of Smyl talking to fans on Twitter in accompaniment to the story, but I have no idea if that was a past photo or not. 

10 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Am I the only one who thinks a meeting in the middle of a season is the wrong time to hold a STH meeting ?

I mean your team is vastly underperforming the fans can see that

Do they say we are trying to move everyone and with players knowing this and play even more as individuals to increase their own net worth instead of the team? 

Saying that publicly would lower the trade value

Maybe they are living by the standard, if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing:rolleyes:

I think they may have something burning in trades now and don't want to jeopardize it ?

I still think the meeting should be at seasons end

It’s quite possible they were hoping some of the members might know what to do. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

9 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Could it be they were busy actually trying to do their real jobs, and improve the team in an extremely difficult flat cap environment across the league instead of catering to a bunch of whiny bitching fans? 

I don't know if the former is true, but the latter has some merit.

But they have a lackeys hired just for that job. Why go on After Hours but skip the meeting with fans ? It should have been the other way around

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Could it be they were busy actually trying to do their real jobs, and improve the team in an extremely difficult flat cap environment across the league instead of catering to a bunch of whiny bitching fans? 

I don't know if the former is true, but the latter has some merit.

They didn't do a good job so far. What did they do with the freed cap they had after the previous management? They spent all the cap they had. They could've traded Miller and left some room for the cap.

But NOOOO.

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think JR and Allvin have deals that end June 2024.  Our owner likes win now moves and these guys are directed to try to win every year but especially by 2024.  Then our owner will hire another group who will follow his direction.  He’s done this since he bought the club.  If season ticket holders don’t like the owner’s direction they don’t need to renew.  

When the yearly results are mediocre, no one wants to take credit for the mess and good chance, the current FO will be thrown under the bus.  Rinse & repeat to mediocrity cause Francesco is still making $

• There it is 1

8 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I believe (speculating), that JR really doesn't want to go for more than 3 years. I think he wants to go back into retirement and that's reflected in the article the other day from Pittsburgh. My belief was, that he would build a new management team and try and put the on-ice team on a path to success and then either retire again completely, or step back into a consulting role and let the new group take things forward from there.

My feeling is that Aqualini will give them through this summer to get the team moving the right way before he makes a decision on whether or not to start again with a fresh management team.

We need a young Pat Quinn again to really do what's needed and make the moves that are needed.

May I be so "brash" to suggest that we might Need New Owners ?

• There it is 1

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I wonder if mafia man is gonna renew

royIryENlsmqQrI9LanRDfSivQObapnYz_bPcdqw

This Reminded me of those Lennox Pub guys sits behind the Canucks’ bench wearing their jacket/hoodie logos. They been doing that for years, but I haven’t seen them for the past few seasons. 

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

May I be so "brash" to suggest that we might Need New Owners ?

I think our owner is good.  He just needs to hire top management and then leave them alone to set a direction and execute a plan.  He needs to stop setting the direction.  He’s the owner (so he can do as he likes) but he’s not a hockey guy.  He’s a fan.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Such an ass backwards way to support your team. Canucks fans used to be with the team good and bad, I don't get this entitlement and lack of patience or support.

.......Really? .............maybe that lack of patience might possibly have a tiny bit to do with THE 52 YEARS OF LOSING and past decade of floating aimlessly in the sea despite false promise after promise from Aqua-lini!  Many a loyal Canucks fan are now in their graves being patient! (God Bless Them!)

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think our owner is good.  He just needs to hire top management and then leave them alone to set a direction and execute a plan.  He needs to stop setting the direction.  He’s the owner (so he can do as he likes) but he’s not a hockey guy.  He’s a fan.  

If we let our fans run the team, we'd probably have poor results as well.

• Like 2
  • There it is 1