The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Odds of Making the Playoff's Now Officially Under 1% @ 000.6%

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

It only took half a season but the Canucks have amazingly now hit under a 1% chance of making the playoffs, (Now at 000.6% chance according to MoneyPuck) after the latest loss tonight against Carolina.   

I am unable to locate & confirm all past historical stats dating back 52 years to 1970 to see if this current 22-23 roster now holds the all time historical record for the fastest decline ever towards playoff elimination (basically 0%) for this franchise but If anyone has further information/stats - feel free to chime in.

Vancouver CanucksVAN 000.6%

https://www.moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

Edited by RU SERIOUS
updated stats
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 3

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

It only took half a season but the canucks have amazingly now hit under a 1% chance of making the playoffs, (Now at 000.9% chance according to MoneyPuck) after the latest loss tonight against Florida   

I am unable to locate & confirm all past historical stats dating back 52 years to 1970 to see if this current 22-23 roster now holds the all time historical record for the fastest decline ever towards playoff elimination (basically 0%) for this franchise but If anyone has further information/stats - feel free to chime in.

Vancouver CanucksVAN 000.9%

https://www.moneypuck.com/predictions.htm

That would take a lot of work - losing records were fine for some years for playoffs and it does take a long while for a team to be officially eliminated.

I took the easier approach of going through the Vancouver records and working out at what game in the season they hit 22 losses to at least see how we were faring against older seasons - 14th worst in terms of out of the gate but we hopefully have a good shot at that 1972 loss total over our remaining 40 games.

image.png.cb7831009a830aa833a61c954830a41d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Sell everyone that can be sold, especially Miller. Horvat looks like he'll be sold as well. What a shame.

Be bad for Bedard.

Fail for Fantilli - not sure if I like this guy

Miss the playoffs for Michkov

Crash the Season for Carlsson

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing us draft very high for the first time in a long time. To be honest though, even if we got 7 or 8, these players are pretty good still.

Between Fantilli and Carlsson, I feel like Carlsson may be the better player. 

1st overall is a no brainer but if we somehow win the 2nd overall, it will be a tough call between Fantilli and Carlsson.

Michkov will likely fall due to him being a Russian and under contract until 2015. If we have say 7th or 8th overall pick and Michkov is available, I'd say we pick him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, jyu said:

Between Fantilli and Carlsson, I feel like Carlsson may be the better player. 

1st overall is a no brainer but if we somehow win the 2nd overall, it will be a tough call between Fantilli and Carlsson.

Michkov will likely fall due to him being a Russian and under contract until 2015. If we have say 7th or 8th overall pick and Michkov is available, I'd say we pick him.

I think you're right about all this. Carlsson, I feel, did better in the WJC, even if that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Michkov is really, really light, to be my surprise. He's 154 lbs apparently, but oozes talent that this team hasn't seen in forever. He could drop due to the Russian factor, as you said, but also because the scouts haven't seen his recent play.

I'd really be happy with Dvorsky or Sale though, if we were to slip to 7 or 8. They played awesome for their teams.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

That would take a lot of work - losing records were fine for some years for playoffs and it does take a long while for a team to be officially eliminated.

I took the easier approach of going through the Vancouver records and working out at what game in the season they hit 22 losses to at least see how we were faring against older seasons - 14th worst in terms of out of the gate but we hopefully have a good shot at that 1972 loss total over our remaining 40 games.

image.png.cb7831009a830aa833a61c954830a41d.png

What happened in 2002?

We only lost 8 regulation games in 39 games? We even made the playoffs that season.

Looking back, 2022 is also quite impressive. Losing only 8 times in 31 games.

• Cheers 1

Over the summer, most posters were saying this team was a sure in for the playoffs. I had a couple heated discussions saying I didn't think it was that cut and dry (I did think we would make it, it would just be close and likely a bubble team)

I hate that I was right in having doubts. Wish I was right about still being a playoff team.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1