The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Nedeljkovic, Nick Caamano

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

Pearson has yet to be retro active LTIR. Then you send down Martin or Delia

It can be done

Ah, I see. I guess the question is whether or not it's even worth going through all that trouble when the season is already lost anyway.

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Ah, I see. I guess the question is whether or not it's even worth going through all that trouble when the season is already lost anyway.

No it’s not for waivers pick-ups. I’d love to see him here. Him and Vrana. I think there could be a deal there for Boeser and maybe get a pick back too

Edited by Devron
Clarity
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Those stats resemble Martin's, who has a better D corps in front of him (somehow). Take a look at Ned's stats on Carolina

That was 2 years ago and a 23 game season. His 68 games since are a much better indicator of who he is.

Those stats do resemble Martin's... sad that he gets paid 4 times more.

25 minutes ago, coryberg said:

That was 2 years ago and a 23 game season. His 68 games since are a much better indicator of who he is.

And last year in 59 GP he posted a 901 under maybe the league's worst D corps... maybe that's more telling than the 9 games he's played this year. He's probably somewhere a 910 goalie on a middle team

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

God forbid we pick up Nedeljkovic and run with an actual NHL goalie until Demko is back. 

With Pearson's cap hit cleared for the rest of the year it wouldn't be the worst idea. Let Demko sit out the entire year if need be and send Delia back to Abbotsford and hope that team can do something in the AHL playoffs.

No goalie can fix our team currently though...Management got blinded by the stellar play of Demko bailing last years team out all the time. For a former NHL G like Rutherford to see that and recognize it like he did BUT then do nothing to address the dismal D core all off season...well, that was all I had to see from this new regime to see that clearly don't get it. Still time, and could save face with some bold trades this TDL but could go a long way to adding prospects to the organization and free up some cap space along the way

31 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Yzerman took a chance on Nedeljkovic on a short term contract to see if he could be a capable G to get them through the rest of their rebuild. They have since signed Husso and he has done a decent job for Detroit

• Cheers 1

Goalie stats are always volatile, 2 seasons ago Carter Hart's GAA was 3.67 and 0.877 sv%; this year it's 2.91 and 0.910 sv%.  Martin Jones was another example of an "over the hill" goalie who's made quite the resurgence (21-5, sv% is poor but GAA is decent at 2.76).  
If I'm a tanking team that just doesn't score a lot but has promising youth, I'd pick him up, stash him on the bench and let him reestablish himself since sometimes a fresh start is just what the player may need.  

On 1/15/2023 at 2:20 PM, Devron said:

No it’s not for waivers pick-ups. I’d love to see him here. Him and Vrana. I think there could be a deal there for Boeser and maybe get a pick back too

Vrana has been a healthy scratch at the AHL level. He’s a shadow of his former self.

• Sad 1

Just now, D-Money said:

Vrana has been a healthy scratch at the AHL level. He’s a shadow of his former self.

I’m fully aware that he has been yes. I don’t think it’s anything more than a feud between the organization and Vrana. A fresh start could do wonders