The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday January 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That suspension against Arron Rome was BS .

I don’t think he had or was considered a previous offender,.   And the hit occurred within a second of the puck released.

Rome was wired for that series,  and his energy was a big piece of that club.

Yes 94 ,   Hard to find teams like that anymore, grit skill and determination.

The 94 team could play any type of game. They could match with a skill team. They could outmuscle you. They would outwork you. Pat Quinn was a fantastic motivator.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I always find the Linden wanted a rebuild and thats why he left funny when it was literally Linden who said a rebuild wasn’t fair to the Sedin’s. 

My take is that he agreed to the retool out of respect for the sedins. 

When they retired, he knew it was time to rebuild since we had barely anything in the pipeline. 

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Nope. How much playoff revenue did he make and will he make? Not as much as he would had he followed Linden’s plan. 

And those of us that were saying the time to take the short term rebuild hit was then. What a waste of time and talent. 

I meant good for Linden. He is a smart guy and dodged this mess in hindsight.

JR is a veteran. There is no excuse that should be given to him, versus rookie GMs like Gillis and Benning. His vision is truly bad, starting with the people he picked to help him.

If this was his way of helping the Canucks to tank, then he did a great job because we suck.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Source?

Aquaman went out of his way to mention rebuilds when “thanking” Linden for his time here.  He said they were a slow process and that everyone needed to be pulling in the same direction.  
He didn’t do this just for fun.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

The 94 team could play any type of game. They could match with a skill team. They could outmuscle you. They would outwork you. Pat Quinn was a fantastic motivator.

Different game back then but yeah I agree it had every element you needed to be successful in a nutshell. An elite goal scorer, heart and soul captain, clutch goaltender, clutch secondary scoring, stout D, and toughness that could stand up to any other team in the league. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

This would be appropriate right now…

The Canucks were gonna show up for Geno until they got high

They were gonna show up and lower the boom but then they got high

This franchise is all messed up and I know why 

Why man?

The owner is high, management's always high, I hope we draft high

La-da-da-da-da-da 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There were rumblings for some time that there was discord between the president and the team’s ownership, but the crux of Linden’s sudden dismissal came down to how long it would be until the NHL playoffs came back to Vancouver. And yet, the Canucks missed the playoffs again this past season. The first instalment of the post-Linden program, where the Canucks once again chased free agents to shore up depth, didn’t work.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-trevor-linden-left-the-canucks-a-year-ago-not-much-has-changed

And the team isn’t making the playoffs even now. 

And yet Aqua still have not learned his lesson.