The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 18, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I’ll add one more:

-Horvat extends his point streak to nine games (trade value keeps on increasing).

Sell high… sell now! It would be classic Canuck curse for him to either get injured right before the trade deadline or to go pointless in ten games leading up to the deadline, or to pull a Benning and have our GM just “run out of time” to get a deal done lol

52 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Its only the half way point. They should give Tocchet the last 10 games. But nothing more

Why not give it to Yeo or Cull for the last bit. That would safeguard the tank. There wouldn’t be any end of season spurt. 
Then they could fire their sorry asses and start fresh with a qualified coach ( not Tocchet). 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Why not give it to Yeo or Cull for the last bit. That would safeguard the tank. There wouldn’t be any end of season spurt. 
Then they could fire their sorry asses and start fresh with a qualified coach ( not Tocchet). 

I read (not tocchet) in my head the same way Jim Gaffigan sings "Hot Pockets"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Griffith Family were owners who took pride in this team and cared. 

They were bought out because they couldn’t compete with the modern day billionaires. 

What a sad state of being a fan of a major sports team nowadays. 

We give and give and they take and take. 

Sorry to interrupt your delusion.

Frank Griffiths... the father... he knew what he was doing.  Under him the Canucks were fine and everyone was cool... but as he got older, things went downhill.

His sons were bozos both and basically blew the wad.

The Griffiths lost the Canucks because Arthur put all the beans in on a NBA Vancouver Grizzlies franchise and lost big time...  Or maybe I should say, lost by picking 'Big Country'.

Arthur should have stopped pretending he was a Sports Genius and hired a management team to look at the actual viability of an NBA franchise before buying one and building a whole new Sports Palace at the same time.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Haha 1

HOw is passing to your goalie after an icing face off, and him covering the puck, not delay of game?

Tampa has done it twice in the last 2 games

a totally unnecessary stoppage 2 seconds after a faceoff

17 minutes ago, lmm said:

HOw is passing to your goalie after an icing face off, and him covering the puck, not delay of game?

Tampa has done it twice in the last 2 games

a totally unnecessary stoppage 2 seconds after a faceoff

It’s a legal pass and play bud. It stopped the play and allows for line changes. It’s a smart play. It’s what champs do. 

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, combover said:

Only one fix for this 

0E094851-9EE8-45C8-AD5D-2B74833A6FBE.jpeg.f3232fc911ae0e4fafd6e88c58fe5e18.jpeg
gotta start with the  root of the problem

It makes sense until you realize no owner = no team lol.

So much conjecture and media suggestion in this market and around the league to the point everyone thinks the owner is literally handling the day to day operations and ruining everything....

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Do you realize the sheer incredulity

of the fact that

Boston came from behind to beat us in 2011

A few years later, they then proceeded to convince us (and i am forever grateful) to sign his highness, Loui Eriksson

This acquisition set in motion a chain of events that resulted in OEL and tankmaster general stillman being Canucks, setting us up for the ultimate tank

Now, it appears they will be acquiring our captain, in order to secure another stanley cup

The sequence of events is just truly incredible

I think they may acquire him, just because they know it will piss off Canuck's fans. They are a very strong team already, so they don't really need another player but still they can do it and kick the Canucks in the privates.