The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Nothing wrong with being on team tank. This season is a wash, or as Bruce aptly stated, a disaster. 

The best thing for this team is a high pick, preferably Bedard, and for Aquilini, Rutherford and Allvin to be fired into the sun.

They have brought soo much embarrassment and self inflicted drama in such a short amount of time...

Heads must roll

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Not trying to call you out, but where is this rumour from? I see Sergei Gonchar’s name but not Dr Recchi. 

Apologies...I stated this incorrectly, not as much a rumor as it is a suggestion. Watched D and D today and it was hesitantly said that this was a name that was out there but to clarify what I said previously, they were not stating this as a fact just that there are names out there and this was one of them.

• Cheers 2

Bruce Boudreau's presser was tough to watch. 

You could tell he just purely loves the game with the way he was crying and last year he brought that energy and positivity with him that actually brought us some hope.

He's as good as gone but thankful for his efforts. He could only do with the pieces that he had access to. 

Management failed big time in the offseason and these clowns luckily have that scapegoat they could use with the coach. 

Absolutely embarrassing the way JR has handled this entire thing. The entire league is laughing at us. 

No professionalism whatsoever. 

Maybe he's become senile or something.

It's sad that Boudreau will be gone but we'll still be stuck with a bunch of useless tools and nepotism hires. 

This organization is a mess.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

:lol: Biggest reach.

Lets just ignore this part, where he pushes his head into the glass.

image.gif.7a51f8f8b279ff2bfed33a0107443a3f.gif

Didn't Chara claim he didn't know where he was on the ice?

Thats the part that made me think he knew he could cause real damage.

Than again, Patches stated that it was his own fault for trying to use his speed to get past Z and thought if I get hit , I get hit. 

58 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I do.

I really like him.

I really hate Tocshit.

In fact, I'll be gone if they hire that dirtbag.

I'll reserve my seat on the bandwagon and come back around if they ever get to the finals. 

Ah sorry to hear that Bishop. I don't get too attached to coaches either way. They come and go they're just there to guide the team imo.

• Huggy Bear 1

I hope nobody accepts JRs inevitable defence of his conduct: “well we needed a coach and it took a bit to get his replacement in, at least I was honest”

bro you could have fired Bruce when we all knew the jig was up, and let Yeo take over. Like literally all other teams do when they decide to fire a coach mid season. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Getting called a middling team by some random analysts on sportsnet lol 

The Vancouver Canucks- been a proud, meddling/middling franchise since 2013.  Frankie can’t keep his greasy mitts off this team. Looking for another quick fix with a coach bump. We all see where this is going. But hey it’s not our team… it’s his and his refool on the fly forever vision.

8BE1398D-72CF-4A86-900F-EC44A24904A1.jpeg

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

I would have waited u til the off-season this year and just not renewed his contract. The second season was always optional 

I think after BB exercised his right to except the second year which was his option. Jr had to stand off with firing  him since he never knew about the option. A firing would have made FA look stupid in public ,but we all know he is anyway.  

• Vintage 1