The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks management is a disgrace for the way they've disrespected Bruce Boudreau this season

Rate this topic

Miss Korea Bob.Loblaw

52 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

When someone wears a retired number of a dead Canuck and then the same player tells the owner to hire his coach then we are close to the Keenan years 

lol i'm pretty sure he didn't know it was unofficially retired as it was offered to him.. and nobody cared at the time until they become a joke of a team... at least the keenan era was short lived and he made the trade that affected the canucks positively for the next decade.. 

• RoughGame 1

14 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I was at the Canucks vs Oilers tonight.  I've been a long time season ticket holder and have been to many games over the years.

Here's is what is different right now.  The stands were filled with Oilers fans.  These people are buying tickets from Canucks fans who are tuning out and selling their seats.  Don't blame them $200 seats are tough to just waste if you don't feel like going to watch a losing team. This will continue.

So get used to this Canucks fans. Being in a building where there are so many Oilers fans they are taunting Canucks fans with their chants and cheers and jeers is just not fun.

I am appalled at what a lousy job Jim Rutherford has done.  Allvin is a nobody so he doesn't count.  This mess is all on JR.

I will not be buying season tickets next year.  This mess has to end and I won't support it anymore.

Get rid of Rutherford and bring in somebody who at least knows that you can't destroy the culture of a team without any plan to build it better.  He wants a retool.  What an idiot. He is destroying the very fibre of the team, while opposing fans cheer and jeer and taunt the home fans in their own building.  What a (re) tool he is.

JR is a puppet to Aquaman. Don't support the team with buying tickets. 

#sell the team

• There it is 3

11 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

When someone wears a retired number of a dead Canuck and then the same player tells the owner to hire his coach then we are close to the Keenan years 

I think this is worse than the Keenan era.  Right now, there doesn't seem to be much hope on the horizon. It's not going to be better until we get new ownership.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

I haven't really posted much for years, but this is the most ashamed I've been as a Canucks fan. Ownership and management are nothing short of reprehensible. I don't live in the Lower Mainland so I haven't been to many games live. However, I think it will be a long time before I'll feel comfortable spending money on this franchise after this.

Edited by ploughcat
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

that's pretty bad when bruce was quoted in an interview today.. he knew he was getting fired basically since oct 8th... that's pretty toxic environment to work in.. if basically the guy above u is trying to fire u since the 1st game of the season..

Can't wait for the Canucks to come out with some Propoganda about "supporting mental health" in the community.   Won't that be funny!

• Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

Rutherford said that his comments were "overplayed," and in a sense, they were.

But he openly criticized Boudreau's system in the media, so how did he expect the players to buy in to that system? 
Nonetheless, the players were clearly distraught about the inevitable coaching change. Boudreau was a favourite with the players, as he was with us. 

On 1/22/2023 at 1:10 AM, wai_lai416 said:

i think this dark age in the canucks timeline rivals if not exceed the keenan era.. 

Naahhh.  That was really toxic with the Keenan era on a whole new level.

It was not good the way this has unravelled for BB and for the record I think JR has not done well.....but the team has sucked and JR's comments were defensible.  The press here constantly pushes and prods for little details and JR gave them what they wanted without a plan in action but it's the press that has been the most vitriol out of anyone.  They've also pumped this story up to no end which is more embarrassing to BB.  The reality is that any team would fire the coach though with the performance we're seeing.  The GM should be on the hot seat of course too.  The only difference in this case is that the Vancouver media helps the snowball effect of a bad situation.

10 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Naahhh.  That was really toxic with the Keenan era on a whole new level.

It was not good the way this has unravelled for BB and for the record I think JR has not done well.....but the team has sucked and JR's comments were defensible.  The press here constantly pushes and prods for little details and JR gave them what they wanted without a plan in action but it's the press that has been the most vitriol out of anyone.  They've also pumped this story up to no end which is more embarrassing to BB.  The reality is that any team would fire the coach though with the performance we're seeing.  The GM should be on the hot seat of course too.  The only difference in this case is that the Vancouver media helps the snowball effect of a bad situation.

yes we can agree keenan's era was toxic but it set the team up for the next decade.. he ended up getting the team bertuzzi which ended up to be luongo and the team bad enough to draft the 2 sedins.. i have no idea where this team is currently heading but it'll look extremely bad if EP decides to pack it in and leave after seeing the changes to be made this summer and playing under tocchet. i mean that remains to be seen of course.. all could change if we win the lottery but i really don't think the management/coach will allow the team to lose like the remaining games 3 out of every 4

On 1/22/2023 at 10:23 PM, swimsWithDucks said:

JR is a puppet to Aquaman. Don't support the team with buying tickets. 

#sell the team

Not exactly, I believe JR has spoken a lot with Aquilini about why He hired a coach for two years before JR came in.

So Aquaman wanted to have BB this year also. JR didn’t… Who won the battle of coaches? 

So much drama and emotions but not much sense.

8 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

that's pretty bad when bruce was quoted in an interview today.. he knew he was getting fired basically since oct 8th... that's pretty toxic environment to work in.. if basically the guy above u is trying to fire u since the 1st game of the season..

Pretty normal situation in NHL when players are in that position quite often.

Why is it a difference because it’s a coach?

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Not exactly, I believe JR has spoken a lot with Aquilini about why He hired a coach for two years before JR came in.

So Aquaman wanted to have BB this year also. JR didn’t… Who won the battle of coaches? 

So much drama and emotions but not much sense.

Pretty normal situation in NHL when players are in that position quite often.

Why is it a difference because it’s a coach?

i've never heard of a player being subjected to firing or seen a player fired in the middle of a season. getting traded and getting fired is 2 completely different thing. you can argue it's no difference from player getting bought out. sure but players get bought out in the summer not in the middle of the season.. and chances they'll find work again right away making just as much as before buyout + new contract vs a coach getting fired. they usually don't find a job right away. maybe there was a team during last summer if they didn't keep boudreau would have signed him if he was available? now they no longer need a coach so that opportunity is gone? and might be years again before another team that might be compatible with the fired coach have an opening?

nhl players will keep getting opportunity unlike coaches who might be a decent coach but the team style is not compatible and it might be a long time before something compatible comes along.