The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks management is a disgrace for the way they've disrespected Bruce Boudreau this season

Rate this topic

Miss Korea Bob.Loblaw

I'm really hoping anyone attending the game today chant "Bruce there it is" for most of the game.  Winning, losing, don't matter.  One last final sendoff for a man that has only been a true professional.  He doesn't deserve this absolute disgrace and disrespect that is going on.  I also hope there are "fire JR signs".  This for me comes down as one of the biggest blackmarks in Canucks history.  The other two biggest blackmarks that I can think of was the Bertuzzi hit and the Keenan years.  The Keenan years were the only time in my lifetime that I stopped watching the Canucks for the three year span.  It was unbearable.  It's coming to that point again.  I go to a lot of games and my son has become a huge fan as well, but I can't watch leadership destroying the Canucks history and brand. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

According to Sat Shah JR signed off on Francesco hiring Bruce (before JR was officially brought on) but JR wanted him to be brought on for only last year. Then I guess because he knows more than anyone else Francesco signed Bruce for last year AND this year.

Now a month ago it's being reported that Francesco flew to Vegas last month to meet with Tocchet.

Who knows what the actual story is but none of this would surprise me.

Francesco is starting to look more and more like Fredo everyday.

the-godfather-fredo-corleone.gif

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Like 1

When Bruce came in, he was the media darling...the Mister Popular...arena chants....gave his full support for Rachel Doerrie...(who spoke against ownership?)

Did the egomaniacs at the top enjoy seeing that attention given to someone else? Maybe...perhaps....it's one reason why (and unfarirly) the coach is getting the raw deal now for it and in ownership fashion it's once again looking bad on the brand and destroying the fan base to a new franchise low in the process.

Edited by BureBurrito

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

According to Sat Shah JR signed off on Francesco hiring Bruce (before JR was officially brought on) but JR wanted him to be brought on for only last year. Then I guess because he knows more than anyone else Francesco signed Bruce for last year AND this year.

Now a month ago it's being reported that Francesco flew to Vegas last month to meet with Tocchet.

I dunno, if I'm the owner, I'd be wanting a face to face with the prospective coach before signing off on it.  He's the boss after all

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

You said he is preparing us, but his "major surgery" phrase came very recently. Moreover, all of management's moves up until this point demonstrated that they were not prepared to do this badly.

This is not what GOOD preparation is. What they're doing is making reactionary moves, and not even good ones. Therefore, your praise of them being prepared managers is unwarranted.

Here is a working example of what good preparation is. Say you have a job interview. You'll dress appropriate as required, but you'll also give yourself time for travel and parking. The goal is to arrive approximately 10-15 minutes earlier than the scheduled appointment.

Do you see the difference of what that is? You are taking all the steps necessary to make sure that you are early or on time.

What you're describing is equivalent to telling your hiring manager that you'll be 5 or 10 minutes late because they can't make the scheduled appointment.

Here's what I said Einstein.  "This offseason, there are going to be some big changes.  Rutherford has prepared us for this. It might be a rough ride for some fans so get ready."  And I was referring to Rutherfords latest press conference.

The comments that he made were that "major surgery" was required.  He is telling us to get ready for big changes coming up THIS offseason.  Now you know that they are coming and you are PREPARED for them.  I was not talking in any way about whether I thought that HE was prepared or what GOOD PREPARATION is.  

After the team did so well under Boudreau last season, I think everybody thought that they had a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  I know that I did.  So I wasn't ready and I wasn't prepared to be in the sewer again.  But hey, we all knew that they were in a PICKLE with respect to the cap and it would take some serious work to change things.  Buckle up!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prunes said:

Can you imagine if you were an employee under this management team and ownership? No respect, no support and absolutely no class. Embarrassing! 

When was the last time our owner Tweeted one of his “exciting young team” comments after a game?  

15 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Here's what I said Einstein.  "This offseason, there are going to be some big changes.  Rutherford has prepared us for this. It might be a rough ride for some fans so get ready."  And I was referring to Rutherfords latest press conference.

The comments that he made were that "major surgery" was required.  He is telling us to get ready for big changes coming up THIS offseason.  Now you know that they are coming and you are PREPARED for them.  I was not talking in any way about whether I thought that HE was prepared or what GOOD PREPARATION is.  

After the team did so well under Boudreau last season, I think everybody thought that they had a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  I know that I did.  So I wasn't ready and I wasn't prepared to be in the sewer again.  But hey, we all knew that they were in a PICKLE with respect to the cap and it would take some serious work to change things.  Buckle up!

And here's what I meant, "Einstein"

That's not GOOD preparation. The fact that in his latest press conference that he realized now that we needed major surgery is a failure. Therefore, you can't say he has "prepared" us. It's like the Titanic is about to hit the iceberg and Captain Rutherford tells us on the PA system that we are about to brace impact.

Specifically, to prove that he didn't prepare the team, we are capped out like a playoff team, re-signed Miller to a long term contract that wasn't needed, and he is saying that we needed a retool.

Look at how the Canucks were unprepared

image.thumb.png.5f0c18a66075cea7d55fe85fc0a7d1b6.png

You talk about "preparedness", but you don't seem to understand what it means. When you say he is preparing us for big changes, I'm saying that THIS statement comes far too late. Not only that, we are not well positioned for this. They obviously didn't plan to be in this spot.

Edited by Dazzle

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I think JR knew.  He kept repeating we had Demko stealing games and masking a lot of poor defensive play.  

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

.............Medling owner!   Problem#1 for this franchise for the past decade! 

Sell the team Frankie.  You've Caused enough damage to our club!

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

What's up with this?

Here I would ask why? Ther isn't any information on why and when. 

Is is Smyl that informed the new management of this guy or is it the new management to manage to understand this guy so quick?