The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Seems like one of the excuses for OEL's mediocre play during a stretch in Arizona was his coach (Tocchet).  Seems like a great idea to bring in that SAME head coach right?

I can't believe it's happening. That was a big deal in OEL's last couple years in AZ. Really doesn't make sense from that standpoint. Unless it's management's way of "getting creative" to urge OEL to want out. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t Bruce introduce the belt?  When he goes, I guess it goes with him?  Tocchet might not continue the belt. 

Didn't Tocchet's teams have "Thor's Hammer" - given to the most impactful player of the game?  (or is my Arizona golf buddy just messing with me?)

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Seems like one of the excuses for OEL's mediocre play during a stretch in Arizona was his coach (Tocchet).  Seems like a great idea to bring in that SAME head coach right?

Look on the bright side - OEL will waive his no movement clause to go anywhere just to get out from under Tocchet

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo needs to lead the club by dropping the mitts early with McWhinerBaby.  Seems like all our guys have had a scrap this year, except our leader.  

Come on Bo!  Drop and Bop. Get the boys going. 

Won't happen.  They are co-stars in the NHL commercial, and ACTRA union rules prohibit fisticuffs among cast members ^_^

• Haha 1

Just now, Googlie said:

Won't happen.  They are co-stars in the NHL commercial, and ACTRA union rules prohibit fisticuffs among cast members ^_^

That, and Bo is not going to drop the gloves for any of his Canucks team mates. He's checked out and it's all about building on his own stats. 

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Horvat

Pettersson

Miller

Boeser

Kuzmenko

Garland

Hughes

Schenn

Good players, so figure it out and get a win for Bruce. 

2-9 over their last 11 is pathetic for a team on the brink of losing their beloved coach. 

Getting their third head coach in 13 months.  What a joke. 

0 accountability.   They know internally who should go. JR and PA needs to do their major surgery.  I am patient and will see what they do this off season. 

• There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Getting their third head coach in 13 months.  What a joke. 

0 accountability.   They know internally who should go. JR and PA needs to do their major surgery.  I am patient and will see what they do this off season. 

The major surgery needs to be JR and PA  being replaced with professionals.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well, it's all on management now. No excuses. They're bringing in their guy. Talked a lot of change. Now it's time for action. 

That’s kind of my hope as well.  Maybe they misread the room coming in hot last year - now it’s time to put it all together.  

I know this could be said most seasons but this deadline, draft and offseason feels particularly important to the next 5 years. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3