The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 21 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

How so?

Drafted Wright?

Or..World Juniors Wright? 

One was a helluva lot more professional appearing than the other. Want to see emotional maturity from the big fish from a small pond who needed some humbling. Maybe that’s happened.

It’s important to also be able to give others their due & just strive to be better - but be capable of realizing you’re not all that - when you’re not all that, as of yet. 

Edited by viking mama

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He predicted Tocchet would be our new coach on Monday. 99% that is going to happen. 

I hope he’s right about Wright then.

Imagine a Pettersson, Wright, Smith as your top 3 centres. Hopefully we can draft higher than 6th though.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

I read something recently saying this very same team was operating in the middle of the pack by the end of last season in defensive metrics and top 10 in PK and goals against. 

Physically they can do it.  Not sure if they have the focus or drive anymore.  Certainly not right now. 

38 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The guy has never been a winner in the handful of years he's coached.

You can only blame your teams so long but a good coach will have at least a winning season. The NHL coaching selection is an old boys club of just some horrible coaches continuing to circulate around the league. Same terrible performers keep getting shuffled around. If I underperformed for 5 years for my job I wouldn't have a job but once you get that head coaching job it seems like you work for a union lol. 

No I don't work for a union I guess you're trying to insult me but you're not making much sense here either. As far as not having a stellar coaching record in the NHL you know they are far and few between right? Especially those for hire. Do you have better options and refuse to hire any coach who doesn't have a great record? If you do I'm all ears just not sure what the motivation is to slam other people. Will that make things better or bring Bruce back?

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect our coach to be able to pass a criminal background check.  Hard to cheer for a team coached by someone you have absolutely zero respect for.

Craig McTavish literally killed someone and spent a year in prison and was still able to play hockey in the NHL and keep an NHL job for 30 years…

• There it is 1