The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

What even is our third line? 

someone-someone-guy

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Im not sure what happened with Podz.  He was frikin amazing the last half of last year.   Is it possible the concussion did more damage than the team let on?  

Sophomore slump. Happens to lots of guys when they come back for year two. I fully expect him to rebound?

Edited by Gawdzukes

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

:rolleyes:

Nobody told her her 15 minutes are over?

In a letter to Boudreau she somehow managed to make it about herself being a victim. :lol:

That was exactly my take away from reading that. #1 it was way too long to say 'Bruce is a swell guy and thanks'. She could have tweeted that. #2 It was really self serving. She really needed to mention cardiac episodes?

Halfway through reading it I started hearing the violin theme from Schindler's List in my head.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

24 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think basically he wanted to give Bruce the chance. He also had a contract and they felt enough to feel he deserved that shot. Probably also felt it  would be a mistake not to know. Now they know.

I dunno if that’s giving him a chance when Bruce came out and said the he pretty much knew since oct 8th. So his chance was preseason only?

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That was exactly my take away from reading that. #1 it was way too long to say 'Bruce is a swell guy and thanks'. She could have tweeted that. #2 It was really self serving. She really needed to mention cardiac episodes?

Halfway through reading it I started hearing the violin theme from Schindler's List in 

Extremely self serving.

Like oh you were stressed because it’s pressure filled job? Boo hoo.

The AGM told you to be mentally tougher? Cry me a river.

Edited by DeNiro
  • There it is 1

Gotta say, that practice looked promising. Especially Foote and Gonchar working 1/1 with Myers and Huggy.  They could have a similar effect on our players as Sundin on the twins. Sure the game has changed, but those guys are a wealth of knowledge and experience.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s because it is EXACTLY what we do every year.  
New coach boost will get it started.  

Stupid Canucks can’t even lose properly. 

Yeah - like why replace the coach now?  Wait until the end of the season for Pete's sake.

• Cheers 3