The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe Gonchar and Foote can help that anemic D corp. I suspect OEL will be "in a pickle" with a hard-nosed coach coming in, who won't settle for his lousy play. Hughes should really benefit from the new coaches. I can't believe they used to have Baumgartner running the D :lol: 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

For 4 decades I have tried not to miss a single Canucks game.

I wish you all the best. I really have loved my time here talking hockey.

So long, CDC

I have watched and waited since the 70's and still waiting for the proper rebuild to happen again as three times it happened.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Been nice knowing you all.  I'll probably stick around the off-topic and WJHC, but I can't support this.

54 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm with you heff.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

For 4 decades I have tried not to miss a single Canucks game.

I wish you all the best. I really have loved my time here talking hockey.

So long, CDC

:( 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jyu said:

Wasn’t Tocchet on Sullivan’s coaching staff when they won cups in 16, 17? It’s been five years but I guess he has cup wins in his coaching resume. 

Sucking is to follow, I agree with that. I mean, we don’t have an NHL goalie so it doesn’t take a genius to see that. 

But we need to tank and rebuild so maybe it’s fine. 

I have set my expectations extremely low for the next few seasons with JR at the helm. 

Sullivan was the reason for that success. not Tocchet.  As a player loved him. As a head coach not much to show.

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

The quote below also touches on the stuff I didn't mention. This is why he deleted Twitter. Plus the way he very publicly handled the OEL situation in Arizona. Not saying OEL didn't need an eye opening but Tocchet handled it so poorly and showed what kind of person he is.

Warhippy demonizes everyone that doesn't agree with their views.  

He's called me an idiot, a bigot, and many other things.  

You guys have to stop extrapolating someone's view that you don't agree with to the fact that they're terrible human beings. It's not fair and it's also not a healthy way to live your life. 

You know... it kind of sucks to think this, but I'm most likely moving to Calgary this year, likely inner city even. Initially, I was thinking I was moving to enemy territory, but maybe Calgary ends up being a 2nd team to cheer for while Vancouver goes through all of this. Don't get me wrong, Vancouver will always be 1st in my mind, but I feel like I'm starting to need a sanity check of sorts.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Same Deb, i'm taking the wait and see approach.

The other thing to remember before we burn Tochett at the cross is lots of other high profile names were caught up in that gambling ring as well...like Wayne Gretzky. Tochett gave up no one and took it all on the chin...not sure whether that's admirable or not, but it fits his tough guy trait. Something we have been really pushing for as fans is to have some back bone again.

Gretzky's got some skeletons for sure...