The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Bruce Boudreau, Trent Cull; name Rick Tocchet as head coach, Adam Foote as assistant coach, Sergei Gonchar as defensive development coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

How about running an illegal sports gambling ring while he working as an assistant coach under Gretzky. He plead guilty and got two years probation. That was enough to get Pete Rose banned from the MLB and the Hall of Fame.

So what, gambling on sports doesn't make someone a terrible human.  

Getting a girl pregnant and then running away from responsibilities and letting a kid grow up without a father would make someone a 'terrible human'.  

Too much hyperbole. 

Welp. I’m getting close to the point of checking out. Between the play on the ice, the clusterf**k of a front office, and having to stare at those horrible new hot dog stand eyesore uniforms when they play, Canucks hockey is not very enjoyable for me right now. Hopefully we get Bedard or something and it starts being exciting again.

• There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Muttley said:

This is where I get a wee bit addled. As I understand it. FA brought Boudreau into the Organization. However, Jim Rutherford has also taken credit for the same. :picard:

I've always like Adam Foote so there's that, (roll eyes), other then that; This shouldn't have happened the way it did.

Living in the Okanagan, I can tell you that Foote's time in Kelowna was terrible and fraught with concerning reports about his behaviour towards players

• There it is 2

Just now, Devron said:

Quite possibly king and Yeo are just here till the end of the year. We still Jeff tank commander’s 

That’s what I’m praying.

Theres no way we can have a powerplay that inconsistent that gave up that many SHG, and a penalty kill that is historically bad and not have those two fired.

Im thinking they’ll be kept to continue the tank and hopefully whoever they have in mind as permanent replacements can be hired in the summer. At least they’ll have some options there based on firings.

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

WTF, Cull is the only assistant I was hoping they wouldn't fire!  He's got a great, old-style NHL moustache.  Looks really good behind the bench.  King, on the other hand, must have photos involving Francesco.  What did he ever do to deserve being an NHL assistant coach??!

This made me laugh, keeping someone on staff because of their moustache :lol:

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s friends with the Sedins.

Welcome to the country club.

He’ll probably get demoted to coach in Abby.

then in 3 years time when Tocchet is canned, King will be our new head coach, jk

Edited by RWJC

11 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I agree I noticed that too. Its like the Captain going down with the ship. Speaking of Captain............I didn't see him there beside the Coach anywhere? Hmmm.......

To be fair, I think Bo was on the ice near the door to the bench tapping his stick with several others players  - almost as if they were expecting a curtain call or something... (may be wrong about what players were doing that though)

Edited by rychicken

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Posting in support of convoys.  Shutting down Ottawa and border closures.  In support of Jan 6th.  About the big steal.  With vaccine conspiracy statements.  Comments about woke culture and borderline LGBTQ angst filled tweets.

That's not a difference of opinion.  That's also not puppies and rainbows.

Vancouver fired the former anthem singer because he took part in covid protests.

Do you think for a second with all the bad press and publicity surrounding this hire and the treatment of Boudreau that they'd NOT tell him to clean his socials up?

And politics has entered the chat. FML. 

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s friends with the Sedins.

Welcome to the country club.

He also replaced Manny (didn't he) and maybe faceoffs, etc. were his deal? I don't know...I doubt the Sedins have that much clout. I mean Linden didn't.

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

But integrity and morals usually don't.

We'll see. I'm tired of negativity and now that I've put my thoughts on how Bruce was treated out there, I'm facing forward. I live by the hate/drinking poison and expecting someone else to die deal.

I will welcome the new "team" in and see what they do and, also important to me, how they do it.

Winning isn't everything to me...I want a team I can be proud of for how they conduct themselves too. Some don't care...winning at all costs. I do though...it's a personal thing. The Sedins didn't "win it all" but that doesn't take away what they are in my eyes. True champions in life. A guy raising a cup doesn't get a free pass from me...there's more to it than that. What kind of human being are you? That matters too.

But, cheers to the future...let's see what it holds.

Same Deb, i'm taking the wait and see approach.

The other thing to remember before we burn Tochett at the cross is lots of other high profile names were caught up in that gambling ring as well...like Wayne Gretzky. Tochett gave up no one and took it all on the chin...not sure whether that's admirable or not, but it fits his tough guy trait. Something we have been really pushing for as fans is to have some back bone again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

So what, gambling on sports doesn't make someone a terrible human.  

Getting a girl pregnant and then running away from responsibilities and letting a kid grow up without a father would make someone a 'terrible human'.  

Too much hyperbole. 

The quote below also touches on the stuff I didn't mention. This is why he deleted Twitter. Plus the way he very publicly handled the OEL situation in Arizona. Not saying OEL didn't need an eye opening but Tocchet handled it so poorly and showed what kind of person he is.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Posting in support of convoys.  Shutting down Ottawa and border closures.  In support of Jan 6th.  About the big steal.  With vaccine conspiracy statements.  Comments about woke culture and borderline LGBTQ angst filled tweets.

That's not a difference of opinion.  That's also not puppies and rainbows.

Vancouver fired the former anthem singer because he took part in covid protests.

Edited by 204CanucksFan