The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks(14-27-4) @ Vancouver Canucks(18-25-3) 7:00pm at Rogers Arena SNPTV SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

12 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

If you're the smartest guy in the room you're in the wrong room. 

Tocchet even said during his interview yesterday that he's not the smartest guy in the room when he was referencing talking with the Sedins, and that he's going to learn things from them and others. I want my coach to not think he knows everything, that's a terrible leader.

People jumping on that are just looking for another reason to hate Allvin.

19 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I have to say, hearing what Tocchet has been saying is really impressive. I think JT, Brock and Garland will get better and be back to last years level 

Yeah i got no problem with the guy, yet. I hate when people think they’re got it figured out. Honestly we won’t really know what we truly got in coaching and our players till next year since there will be a lot of adjustments and moving parts but I can definitely see some players taken bigger strides immediately 

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 2

Gotta wonder about that Dach trade for the Hawks. Could come back to bite them hard.

Trading a 21 year old 6’4” center who’s on pace for 50 points this season.

We’ll see how Nazar turns out, but it could be the definition of selling low.

Edited by DeNiro

I see bettman took a couple hits of meth before talking. Trying to say tanking isn't a thing and why would someone do it lmfao. Didn't things change first because Buffalo tried soooo hard to get mcdavid?? Now AZ, CHI, ANA, SJ, CLB are all losing on purpose... even MTL is coming out and saying they are tanking while trying to tell MSL to lose on purpose. 

Then you got us and the flyers who SHOULD be on that group of tankers but we are the worst ran franchises soo... 

That's 1/4 of the league who are essentially tanking buddy :lol:

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah i got no problem with the guy, yet. I hate when people think they’re got it figured out. Honestly we won’t really know what we truly got in coaching and our players till next year since there will be a lot of adjustments and moving parts but I can’t definitely see some players taken bigger strides immediately 

Yeah but having an opinion about someone is better when you base it around a few out of context quotes and third party opinions..

• There it is 1

Ian Macintyre on 650 said when JT played centre earlier in the year, JT said he was processing too much on trying to be better defensively and that slowed him down. Team wants him to play centre and so does JT. Team needs him to be a centre, especially with Bo potentially being traded. Looks like RT will be working on this.

I’m seeing rest of the season to be a work in progress for the team to build on structure. There will be some fumbles and losses, which is good for our drafting position. I now see the reason for the coaching change. This is work for next year. 

Let’s hope RT does a great job!

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Really looking forward to this game actually. I'm hearing all the right things from Tocchet and the players. We've heard all the right things before of course, but maybe it'll be different this time around. Tocchet does seem to command some respect. We'll find out soon if my optimism was misplaced!

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta wonder about that Dach trade for the Hawks. Could come back to bite them hard.

Trading a 21 year old 6’4” center who’s on pace for 50 points this season.

We’ll see how Nazar turns out, but it could be the definition of selling low.

Doesn't matter to the Hawks. Dach timeline doesn't fit with Hawks' rebuild.

If these years or turmoil has taught me anything is that timeline matters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Doesn't matter to the Hawks. Dach timeline doesn't fit with Hawks' rebuild.

If these years or turmoil has taught me anything is that timeline matters. 

Dach is 22.

What is their timeline? Over 6 years? 

He’d still be in his prime.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Dach is 22.

What is their timeline? Over 6 years? 

He’d still be in his prime.

They are doing scrotch earth rebuild so yes probably over 6 years amd of course they are blatantly tanking so having him doesn't help. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

17 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Tocchet even said during his interview yesterday that he's not the smartest guy in the room when he was referencing talking with the Sedins, and that he's going to learn things from them and others. I want my coach to not think he knows everything, that's a terrible leader.

People jumping on that are just looking for another reason to hate Allvin.

Tocchet also commented that Foote taught him something in practice about how the D deals with wingers exiting the zone, or something like that. They have a wealth of knowledge on what it takes to win a Cup as a Dman in the NHL. I think Gonchar and Foote will help the D core a lot. 

Rutherford - won 3 Cups as a GM

Allvin - won 3 Cups (scouting)

Tocchet - won 3 Cups (2 as a player, one as an A/coach)

Gonchar - won a Cup (player)

Foote - won 2 Cups (player)

This is a heck of a management/coaching team, and eventually they'll get the Canucks there

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I see bettman took a couple hits of meth before talking. Trying to say tanking isn't a thing and why would someone do it lmfao. Didn't things change first because Buffalo tried soooo hard to get mcdavid?? Now AZ, CHI, ANA, SJ, CLB are all losing on purpose... even MTL is coming out and saying they are tanking while trying to tell MSL to lose on purpose. 

Then you got us and the flyers who SHOULD be on that group of tankers but we are the worst ran franchises soo... 

That's 1/4 of the league who are essentially tanking buddy :lol:

I think it the misinterpretation of team tanking vs players tank. 

No player tanks. They try to win every game. Managers tank. They purposely ice sh!t teams making it practically a miracle to get wins 

• Cheers 2