The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Chicago Blackhawks(14-27-4) @ Vancouver Canucks(18-25-3) 7:00pm at Rogers Arena SNPTV SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

8 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Timeline. He is gonna be 27 in a month. So looking at 30 when we are competitive at the earliest. Who know what he willbe like at 30.

I guess also the term he wants. If he agree to something like 2 or 3 years then sure. Anything more it is probably better to not have that contract on the books.

I think a lot of people have the mindset that he is like 24 due to how late he entered the league.

This time frame you mention with kuz included he at that time would bring veteran leadership ( at that time). He is or already or should be recognized as being part of the rebuild/ retool  high end veteran leadership with continuity/familiarity is kind of important. Especially if comparing what management considers miller at his  price and age. That said miller in my books is the kind of veteran leadership that’s expendable. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, sassbs said:

I just want them to win 1OA.   Aren’t they the only team left not to draft 1OA?   

No there's other teams, but the Canucks are the longest running franchise that has never selected 1OA.  It's definitely not gonna happen this year either.

• Like 1