The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Andrei Kuzmenko

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

set your gauge; we got Bear for a 5th with 400k retained. Is Dermott worth a 3rd? Is he better than a 3rd pairing Dman?

It's all subjective, it wasn't even our third we gave up....the Question you need to ask is Dermott better than an average 3rd round pick dman? Statistically, since he's in the league and has played games the answer is already yes. The odds of a 3rd round draft choice even playing 100 NHL games are very low, so to me he was worth it yes. People tend to put too much value on mid round picks, majority of them never see an NHL rink. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Miller retired? Garland vanished?

Also Mikayev has to play down the lineup. If he’s a first liner that’s weak depth.

If we’re trading Bo we need a young top 6 potential player coming back. That will fill in one of those slots.

I actually agree with this. He's disappeared as of late. Ideally he's on the 3rd line but still munching minutes with the 1st unit PK.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

If there is going to be a buy out, my money would be on Brock... He doesn't really fit the in your face narrative... But they may ride the pine and keep him as well as Myers for another year... 

After a quick glance at cap friendly as it stands right now…

kuzmenko-pettersson-mikheyev

garland-Miller-boeser 

Pearson-lazar-podkolzin 

joshua-dries-studnicka

hughes-xxxx

OEL-Myers 

stillman-xxxx

demko

martin

roughly 10m in cap space 

notable RFA’s are bear and hoglander probably a combined 2.5-3m cap hit 

Personally, I’m really wondering if the Canucks will pull a Guerin like he did the Parise and suter and buyout the previous regime’s bad contracts with garland and OEL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

It's all subjective, it wasn't even our third we gave up....the Question you need to ask is Dermott better than an average 3rd round pick dman? Statistically, since he's in the league and has played games the answer is already yes.

It was a 3rd we just acquired for the Sens that was actually better than ours. In addition, it was ours; if we didn't blow it, we would have been able to utilize it.

And using your logic, many said Motte was a good trade for a 4th; I'd disagree, as he is better than what we have on the 4th line now and he has NHL exp. Besides that he signed for 1.2m, which is able to be 100% buried in AHL.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’re looking for young roster players in a Bo trade. They’re only trading Bo cause they can’t re-sign him.

They never wanted to let Kuz go unless he was asking for too much. Clearly they’re comfortable with this number.

We all get it. Keeping kuz has alot of pros... such as now discussing if he's going to get flipped next TDL or the one after ;)

• There it is 1

9 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

It was a 3rd we just acquired for the Sens that was actually better than ours. In addition, it was ours; if we didn't blow it, we would have been able to utilize it.

And using your logic, many said Motte was a good trade for a 4th; I'd disagree, as he is better than what we have on the 4th line now and he has NHL exp. Besides that he signed for 1.2m, which is able to be 100% buried in AHL.

It's not my opinion, it's statistics. Look up how many players from each round make the NHL. Then look up how many players in each round play 100 NHL games. My logic is using facts and statistics over many years.... so I'm not sure what else to tell you? He's likely better than a 3rd rounder (no matter what # within that round) because A he's in the league and B he's played 100+ NHL games. Of course players from mid rounds make the NHL, but the number gets lower and lower the further in you go.

There are websites that list it, there's something like a 54% chance a 3rd rounder even plays a single NHL game...and around 20% chance they play 100 games. A third rounder isn't some surefire wasted opportunity to draft an NHL caliber player, it's much more likely they become an AHL'er or never make it. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

There's obviously scenarios where we are able to re-sign Bo.....the likelihood of them happening or not is another conversation altogether. 

I would bet  Boeser isn't a Canuck past the deadline, I will throw into that mix that we don't need to add a pick or prospect to do so. But it may be a struggling player for struggling player trade, or just Boeser for a pick. Just because some of our fans don't like him, doesn't mean other teams don't.

Ottawa liked Hamonic enough to give us a third... :lol: 

It's pretty funny Dorion wants to go the Benning route. Strongly considering trading 23 picks and near ready prospects like Lassi Thompson ect for ready now players! We must convince them Garland is that gut they need! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1