The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Lane Pederson (claimed by Blue Jackets)

2 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

How about helping the player....??? you ever hear of how players have friends and when they get treated well by management. they tell their friends? thats good for the team in the future? maybe you cant understand that paying you AHL players is good for "the organization"

Players want to get paid... pay them well and more players will want to sign.

All I can say is, "WOW!" Thank God you're not in charge.

• Vintage 1

Just now, BarnBurner said:

All I can say is, "WOW!" Thank God you're not in charge.

oh no... someone disagrees with me... i'm so shook...

anyways... i dont want to call you wrong for having a differing opinion than me. 

have fun complaining about something that no one is going to spend more than 20 seconds covering in the media...

• Haha 1

Just now, Bad_BOI_pete said:

oh no... someone disagrees with me... i'm so shook...

anyways... i dont want to call you wrong for having a differing opinion than me. 

have fun complaining about something that no one is going to spend more than 20 seconds covering in the media...

The only benefit of having you run this club into the ground is that, we'd be challenging Columbus for the 1OA pick. :lol:

Back to your Meds you go. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

There are situations where there's no other option but to place a player on waivers.  In those cases, it's a gamble worth taking.  This isn't one of those, as they had ample time to send LP29 down before his waiver exclusion period expired.

This is the sign of poor asset management.

Here's some money for your pocket: if you were to run a business and you considered giving away your assets for free a "cost of doing business", you won't be in business for that long.  YMMV.

actually. no. treating your employees well and paying them and rewarding them will definitely lead to overall long term success over trying to hinder their process over fear of losing them... Hey i read the review for the canucks and they Pay well and give you the most opputunity to play in the big league vs.... some pencil pushing accountant that has multiple spreadsheets open that only allows the min amount of games played... NO AHL PLAYERS GET MORE THAN THE MIN! Thats how you promote a well balanced team!

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

The only benefit of having you run this club into the ground is that, we'd be challenging Columbus for the 1OA pick. :lol:

Back to your Meds you go. 

I have done no sort thing.... im not the GM...

its funny that you think you know better than every other GM in the league though... and im the one that needs thier meds??? give me a break.

• Haha 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I really ought to stop trying to discuss in good faith with people who don't have a grasp on reality.

"zOMG, I kan do gud tings on a sim, I must be gud manager!"  fml.  :picard:

Agreed. You try to present a logical idea and no, some whack job has to turn it into a 3 Part Play. 

LP should have been back on the farm contributing to Abby's success. There's nothing else to say. 

• Vintage 1

anyways if im so wrong... and its not about money... explain why we have any extra roster players up with the big team except for road games.... surely playing AHL games is more beneficial than just practising...

if you can come up with a good answer... I will appoint you winner!

Bottom line, they lost a player for nothing.

Could have sent him down earlier and avoided waivers.

If there was interest in him, then they should have traded... even if that was for something as insignificant as future considerations.

Poor asset management.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

29 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The only logical explanation that I can think of as to why he wasn't sent down earlier is because management was busy working on their whack job and so they temporarily lost sight of asset management.

I honestly don't know what to think of this group.  It's like a roller coaster

6 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Bottom line, they lost a player for nothing.

Could have sent him down earlier and avoided waivers.

If there was interest in him, then they should have traded... even if that was for something as insignificant as future considerations.

Poor asset management.

Or maybe they were completely fine losing him?

Maybe they’ve got trades lined up with players that fill the spot he was taking up?

Assuming they just missed the waiver eligibility date is silly. I’m sure they were well aware.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or maybe they were completely fine losing him?

Maybe they’ve got trades lined up with players that fill the spot he was taking up?

Assuming they just missed the waiver eligibility date is silly. I’m sure they were well aware.

I don't think so.  Why would they?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think so.  Why would they?

Because they want more contract spots open with trades incoming and NCAA signing season upcoming?

Pederson has played great on the farm but he was a throw in in the Bear trade.

I don’t think they’re too concerned about replacing him, if he was an asset they were scared of losing they would have never risked waivers. 

Edited by DeNiro

I am not loosing my sleep because Pederson get claimed. At the same time, Alvin and his four assistance (or more), make me more and more confused. What are we doing, where are we going, retooling/rebuilding? Jim Benning was not a well -spoken person, but it was clear "we run out of time to sign Markstrom and Tanev for example", the more interviews I am listening, the more confused I am lol 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Abby has 5 wins in 11 games in the month of January.  In December they were 8-3 in 11 games.  Just throwing that out there.

Not sure if a sub .500 winning % is considered doing well lol.

Pederson was called up December 17.  Abby is 10-5 since he left.  Other players that have been called up have affected the team as much as Pederson.  Dries, Delia and Lockwood are just as important to Abby.  Unfortunately, we can't send those guys back down right now.  And it looks like we may need to even call some guys up.  Depends on what happens after the all star break in terms of trades.

• Vintage 1