The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Lane Pederson (claimed by Blue Jackets)

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Incorrect if they waive him and Vancouver claims him he is then a Canuck AND able to be sent to Abbotsford without waivers

Only if the Canucks are the only team to put in a claim.  The waiver priority order still applies if CBJ waives him and Vancouver could well get him back but can't send him directly to the AHL if there's another team that has also put in a claim.  

Boucher was waived by NJD and claimed by Nashville.  Nashville put him back on waivers and he was claimed back by NJD.  NJD wanted him in the AHL but couldn't send him there directly because a team behind them in the waiver priority order had also put in a claim.  Vancouver claimed him when NJD put him back on waivers.  

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

Except I don't want a prospect up in van, I want them to stay in Abby.  They've got a great thing going on down there.

I’m not saying bring them up I’m talking about their role in Abbotsford. That’s where they were hoping to send Pederson.

5 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

lol. People here are acting like we lost Pettersson on waivers, not Pederson. 

As much as he's worked hard whenever he's been in the lineup, he's a pretty replaceable player.

There's a reason why Carolina and San Jose passed on him.

Good luck to him.

On to the next.

Again, he was great for the young guys in Abby.  He should have been sent down on day 29

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure Abby will get new players at and after the trade deadline either through acquiring prospects or signing college free agents.

An extra contract slot isn’t the worst thing to have.

But he was a difference maker in Abby and a huge part in turning their season around and providing a good opportunity for the young guys to build confidence by winning.

I'm not saying Abby isn't going to still be good, but it's a waste of a good player due to mismanagement 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

But he was a difference maker in Abby and a huge part in turning their season around and providing a good opportunity for the young guys to build confidence by winning.

I'm not saying Abby isn't going to still be good, but it's a waste of a good player due to mismanagement 

He was our lowest player on our waiver eligible list. It's going to be ok. They have several trades in the works. If they decide they need some AHL skill they can simply request an ahler is included in a trade with a contender. Mismanagement would be waiving and losing Bear or Stillman.

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Or maybe one of our prospects steps up an fills the void.

Im not gonna lose sleep over it.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He was our lowest player on our waiver eligible list. It's going to be ok. They have several trades in the works. If they decide they need some AHL skill they can simply request an ahler is included in a trade with a contender. Mismanagement would be waiving and losing Bear or Stillman.

I'm looking at it from Abby's perspective.  It's poor management to lose an impact player, even if it is in the AHL.  

• Like 1