The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks getting calls on Thatcher Demko

13 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Looks like Vegas just lost their goalie:

These guys always seem to “go for it”. Dangerous trading in your division though…could bite us 

I don’t think this team will be competitive for a while so I don’t think it would matter as much. 

If you can get an overpayment you take it. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Looks like Vegas just lost their goalie:

These guys always seem to “go for it”. Dangerous trading in your division though…could bite us 

Would think it would be at least…

Demko

for

Korczak + 1st

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I love the media. Close this thread. What a joke, trading away a franchise goalie

You didn't hear? Having bad stats in 15 or so games while playing through injury turned him into a bust after 5+ years of steady development that saw him nearing future vezina contender status

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

I love the media. Close this thread. What a joke, trading away a franchise goalie

At the end of the day, you have to take his word for it. It’s ridiculous how much s*** the media constantly & consistently makes up. And, sadly, no matter how often they are proven wrong, a chunk of the fan base eats it up every time. Some people never learn. 

Edited by IRR
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I still can’t believe Demko is even coming up as a deadline name. We’d be so dumb. Kings would have to send a crazy haul for us to even consider moving Demko. I’d be upset if we move him. 

Would it be so dumb? If we did get back a “crazy haul,” and then sign the likes of a Tristan Jarry next season… I think would be a great move forward for this team.