The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks may have just traded their nicest, most kind, gentle human on the team. This, after they let go the nicest, most kind, gentle human coach, maybe ever.

So, now they can actually build a fast, physical, aggressive playoff team.  Successful playoff teams need players who will do what it takes to win, a little bit of nasty and fight in them. I don't think Horvat fits this mold.

JR & Co chose Miller over Bo for a reason. My only concern is what kind of effect it's going to have on the rest of the country clubbers. Is it true Demko wants out? What about Petey and/Hughes? If Brock goes soon, will the dominoes of trade requests start falling? 

I heard BOS really wants Schenn, as does TB and several other teams I'm sure. I think the Canucks should re-sign Luke though. He's not expensive, fills an important RD spot and sticks up for his team. The ultimate team mate. 

So, who's the next CC member to leave?  Boeser?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I heard BOS really wants Schenn, as does TB and several other teams I'm sure. I think the Canucks should re-sign Luke though. He's not expensive, fills an important RD spot and sticks up for his team. The ultimate team mate. 

So, who's the next CC member to leave?  Boeser?

Schenn could be traded for a second and re-acquired in the off season for 2M per. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think Kadri thought he would get more offers and higher offers than he did. Maybe Bo is thinking bird in hand. Easy to say that he would want to go to a CUP contender but how many teams have that kind of CAP space? 

Also the risk of injury these last 30 games. Imagine he blows out his knee, big risk not taking the big bucks from uncle Lou.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I get the logic for trying to predict this but it's a pretty bad cdc fallacy actually. Similar to cdc picking the Canucks to win the division, Vegas to nose dive, Seattle to finish last in the division, etc. Hoping other teams just fall off the face of the earth when we want them too is just setting us up to fail. Regardless of whether Bo signs they will have cap space, and after this trade Lou is not just going to fade away and rebuild. They will be adding players to the roster and going for it. Also, one year older it's not like all of them suddenly just transform into geriatrics or anything so while it is possible it's not likely.

Having said that, a top 20, hopefully top 16 pick this year or a chance at similar or better next year is pretty damn good either way. I really hope it's this year though. Unfortunately with JB giving away all our picks the pipeline needs players as soon as possible so we can get Petey and the new core up to speed as soon as possible.

I think the most probable outcome is that we get a mid first this season, the Isles might make a push for the playoffs but likely will fall short by few points. 

Getting a two high picks in this draft is a great way to "retool".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hockey101 said:

This trade is just another disapointment, i guess we got a late 1st round pick lol. 

an extra 1st round pick in a deep Draft (likely mid), a fast 25-year old forward and a prospect who was once considered the #1 in the 2021 Draft

I think that's a pretty good return for a veteran forward asking for a lot of money and term, and who has never won in VAN in his 9 years here.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Hockey101 said:

This trade is just another disapointment, i guess we got a late 1st round pick lol. 

You realize the pick is a good one considering the Islanders are a struggling team not in the playoff picture right? 

We also got the Islanders’ best prospect. A centre who has effectively become our best prospect as well.

The trade was about futures for a rental.

No GM was gonna give us anything more than this.

Beau may turn into a nice gem as well. 

• Upvote 1