The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres re-sign Dylan Cozens

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather sign a guy like Cozens to this deal than roll the dice on a UFA being able to maintain his value over the course of the contract.  I'm not sure how you could change this without either an RFA max (NHLPA says no), or an earlier service time for UFA status (Small market teams say no).

You win cups with vet heavy teams

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Let's be honest. Tage Thompson ascent should be mentioned in this discussion. He shouldn't be a surprise anymore. He's been scoring a lot last year as well.

Thompson came via trade.

It's not the lotto wins that made Buffalo better. They started developing their players better, mixed in with a good trade like Thompson.

Their two best players are Thompson and Tuch, both came via trade. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Buffalo has an incredibly enviable young core with Thompson, Cozens, Dahlin, and Power (plus Samuelsson as their top shutdown guy and Tuch who's still relatively young). The only real piece they're missing is a true top level goalie. I wonder if they would be willing to give up Jokiharju + a conditional 1st (becomes a 2nd if they miss playoffs) for Demko. Gives us a long-term partner for Hughes and them a starting goaltender. 

I'd do Luukkonen, Jokiharju and a conditional 2023 1st for Demko...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Let's be honest. Tage Thompson ascent should be mentioned in this discussion. He shouldn't be a surprise anymore. He's been scoring a lot last year as well.

Thompson came via trade.

It's not the lotto wins that made Buffalo better. They started developing their players better, mixed in with a good trade like Thompson.

Agreed nothing's in isolation, nor should it be perceived as such. Already that ROR/TT transaction has Iginla/Nieuw mutual vibes to it.

But in the day to day of endless results & circle-jerk, sporting media, you get incessant drama & more heart-wrenching tales of underused/appreciated pros, than say journalistic insights into starved/shellshocked every day people, in war-torn countries that we've plowed through..one reason or another.

Take that wallowing, mournful ph call of a Buff fan, about 2 yrs back. All that F***ing wailing/moaning over a floundering effing sports club?! What an embarrassing, undignified society we've built here. The media used that lil' tragedy as a worthy tent peg to strap their circus tent down. As Buffalo's ascent begins, such operations will move on to other locales.

I'd prefer local Van fans never resort to such tedious bulls***.

• Cheers 1