The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor: Devils are lining up prospects to pursue Quinn Hughes

4 hours ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Huggy isn't being traded unless he asks to be traded.

8 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

With Dougie Hamilton and Hughe brother in their D system, this trade will never happen. It doesn't make any sense at all to even think there would be rumour trade lol!!! 

Mr Krabs Strangle GIF - Mr Krabs Strangle Why Do You Guys Hate Fun -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

With Dougie Hamilton and Hughe brother in their D system, this trade will never happen. It doesn't make any sense at all to even think there would be rumour trade lol!!! 

The Devils acquiring Quinn Hughes wouldn’t be sad much a hockey trade as a marketing plan. The Devils are at the bottom of the sports/entertainment list for interest in the New York area. They need more fans. Quinn clearly would make them a better hockey club, but it’s a lot more than that for them. So they would greatly overpay to get that marketing opportunity. 

And we’d be beyond stupid to trade him. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The Devils acquiring Quinn Hughes wouldn’t be sad much a hockey trade as a marketing plan. The Devils are at the bottom of the sports/entertainment list for interest in the New York area. They need more fans. Quinn clearly would make them a better hockey club, but it’s a lot more than that for them. So they would greatly overpay to get that marketing opportunity. 

And we’d be beyond stupid to trade him. 

The Devils will not be able to afford 3 Hughes brothers haha!!! Plus only way we will trade Quinn is for his brother Jack only lol!!! 

So we can trade brothers is more like it lol!!! 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

We still have time to pivot and target pieces not named Hughes or Nemec 

No way. Any trade involving Quinn starts with Nemec at the very least. NJ gotta pay a heavy price, if they wanna play. 

With that being said, I see Quinn in green, blue and white for a long time. 

6 hours ago, RolexSub said:

The Devils will not be able to afford 3 Hughes brothers haha!!! Plus only way we will trade Quinn is for his brother Jack only lol!!! 

So we can trade brothers is more like it lol!!! 

Actually it could be an excellent way to afford them. They absolutely take discounts when their deals expire to stay together.

Personally, I think Quinn jumps ship as soon as he can become a UFA.

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

No way. Any trade involving Quinn starts with Nemec at the very least. NJ gotta pay a heavy price, if they wanna play. 

With that being said, I see Quinn in green, blue and white for a long time. 

Honestly, I much rather have Siegenthaler++. He’s nothing special offensively, but he’s a legitimate stud in his own end. Kind of plays a similar style as Slavin/prime Vlasic. Bonus points, he’s signed on a very team friendly contract for 6 more years. 

If New Jersey offered us, Siegenthaler, Mercer, Mukhamadullin, Stillman, and a first. I think you’ll have to consider it.

Edited by shiznak

8 hours ago, Provost said:

Actually it could be an excellent way to afford them. They absolutely take discounts when their deals expire to stay together.

Personally, I think Quinn jumps ship as soon as he can become a UFA.

I think you are being realistic. Kid is competitive and wants to win. He is tied into a contract for awhile yet but his leaving has to be considered. His buddies in Calgary bailed. His brother on the NJD speaks badly of the Canucks. His brother in Ottawa might be a good indicator. His contract is longer however. If PA really crashes the roster maybe there will be enough good young pieces that he will want to stay. Petey likely sets the agenda.