The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 15, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Not a fan of playing Silovs. Our team really can't play defence for sh*t. We have no prospects outside of Silovs. No reason to risk destroying his confidence and development by playing him on this god awful team. Should just keep him in the A.

I used to think that too, but management has to know if he's ready. Demko is no longer on this team's timeline, so he comes back from injury, plays a couple of games to show he's back and maybe becomes trade bait?

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Tanks a lot 1

2 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

All I can say is, I don't care anymore, these games are painful to watch, even watching eight to ten minutes of highlights on YouTube sucks. Tocchet is great for the tank because he sucks as a coach, hopefully, if they get some instant help in the draft, Raty turns out to be better than he currently looks on paper and ready for next season, and management can find some undervalued defensive help, then they can hire a real coach, like Brad Shaw, who had defensive systems that actually worked for this team.

It's just popular to hate on Tocchet now .  When has this team ever had successful defensive systems?

They are clearly tanking and I love it, this team has a legit chance at another franchise player.

Next year should be better hopefully 

• Cheers 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

It's just popular to hate on Tocchet now .  When has this team ever had successful defensive systems?

They are clearly tanking and I love it, this team has a legit chance at another franchise player.

Next year should be better hopefully 

No, really, Tocchet sucks as a HC, he's never had any real success anywhere, and he was a massive failure in Tampa. How do you not make the playoffs with the roster they were icing when he was there? Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier all playing 82 games and he missed the playoffs, and his successor takes that same team to the third round? He sucks!

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

5 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

No, really, Tocchet sucks as a HC, he's never had any real success anywhere, and he was a massive failure in Tampa. How do you not make the playoffs with the roster they were icing when he was there? Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier all playing 82 games and he missed the playoffs, and his successor takes that same team to the third round? He sucks!

You could say the same about lots of coaches who eventually find their way. On the flip side Boudreau was awesome for us last year and terrible this year.

You can't say he sucks after such a small sample size. Patience my friend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

15 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

You could say the same about lots of coaches who eventually find their way. On the flip side Boudreau was awesome for us last year and terrible this year.

You can't say he sucks after such a small sample size. Patience my friend. 

Boudreau would have been great again this year had management held onto Brad Shaw. Coaches who are not strong with systems need one or two assistants who are. When Bruce took over last year, he put Shaw where he should have been, in charge of defense, and look what happened. Management let him go, replaced him with crap and you get this year's product.

• Vintage 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

All I can say is, I don't care anymore, these games are painful to watch, even watching eight to ten minutes of highlights on YouTube sucks. Tocchet is great for the tank because he sucks as a coach, hopefully, if they get some instant help in the draft, Raty turns out to be better than he currently looks on paper and ready for next season, and management can find some undervalued defensive help, then they can hire a real coach, like Brad Shaw, who had defensive systems that actually worked for this team.

Waith til Tocchets third season in you pass judgement.

Now it’s tank/analyse and next year it will be a middle team and maybe sneak into playoff.

Takeoff in his third season and with it being his contract year he will do a Horvat and maybe win the division.

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Way too early to be pinning stuff on our new coaching staff.  

This team has terrible defensive habits and is out of shape.  Tocchet is making them work hard by not giving them days off like Bruce did.  

Bruce and Green showed that this team doesn't deserve a player's coach, they need some tough love and to improve their practice habits.  

Being called soft, out of shape, and with bad practice habits is some of the worst things you can hear about a team.  

A players coach is exactly RT's reputation. 

• Tanks a lot 1

One concerning thing was that I thought Petey was getting owned in the defensive zone yesterday 

Im ok with tanking but our 1c needs to outplay their 1c (especially if he's the future) but it felt like he was not good enough. It might be that he was out alot when guys like Stillman was on D

I would rather have our key guys step up and play well but lose because we have blunders from guys that we are trying to get rid of rather than our key guys losing their battles

Kuz was looking great. 

Thats 2 games in a row where he stood out while the rest of the team didn't

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Tanks a lot 1

5 hours ago, canuckleheads fan said:

U no understanda da ockey

Boudreau would have been great again this year had management held onto Brad Shaw. Coaches who are not strong with systems need one or two assistants who are. When Bruce took over last year, he put Shaw where he should have been, in charge of defense, and look what happened. Management let him go, replaced him with crap and you get this year's product.

So Boudreau is awesome, but no Shaw is his excuse for this garbage he coached yet Tocchet sucks with the same assistant coaches and just getting started plus no Bo = he sucks. Hmmm, great logic ... not even going to explain coaching records to you cause yeah ... the above comment stands pretty clear.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Tanks a lot 1