The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Erik Karlsson watch

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I am sure the article that lad posted explains it properly, but is the implication from this tweet that the Canucks would help retain cap for 4 years on Karlsson so Edmonton can get him? If it's 1mil tops, sure. But nothing more than that. We don't need to have more than 1mil in dead cap for 4 years. That's dumb. Unless we get two 1st rounders or something absurd like that. Even 1mil retention for 4 years sounds whack.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:10 PM, N7Nucks said:

I am sure the article that lad posted explains it properly, but is the implication from this tweet that the Canucks would help retain cap for 4 years on Karlsson so Edmonton can get him? If it's 1mil tops, sure. But nothing more than that. We don't need to have more than 1mil in dead cap for 4 years. That's dumb. Unless we get two 1st rounders or something absurd like that. Even 1mil retention for 4 years sounds whack.

Thinking more take a player with salary off their hands Puljujarvi + Ryan/Foegele not sure how much if at all taking Klefbom contract would help

Edited by canuck73_3

On 2/23/2023 at 9:40 PM, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

So pags thinks we could be an option for pool party... 2 first rounders Holland lol

Damn, bringing in Poolparty and a pick for FCs would be pretty nice.  Gives him and Kravtsov a bit of an audition with a huge leash as we are obviously in full tank mode.  

20 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Damn, bringing in Poolparty and a pick for FCs would be pretty nice.  Gives him and Kravtsov a bit of an audition with a huge leash as we are obviously in full tank mode.  

BC is well known for it's cannabis.  I wonder who overpays for EK..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Guy has a 11.5mil cap hit and has had one good year in the last 5 years, he had good points per game a couple years, but he played fewer than 60 games in both of them so I consider them not good seasons. He is 33 in May and has 4 years AFTER this season left. His contract was rotten milk the second pen touched paper. I like his resurgence. But I don't think any team had serious interest without San Jose heavily retaining on the contract.

I don't know if he even wants to leave either. Making nearly 10+mil a year to live in San Jose with no expectations, nobody knows who the F you is, and the media? Do they even have media there? Guy is chillin'.