The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Trade] Gavrikov Deal Completed to Boston, Waiting on a Taker for Craig Smith (Update on P4)

AngryElf

20 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

God damn… this is the toxic negativity drance passes onto the fan base, literally implies unrealistic business expectations, trust me management is 1000 times more competent than Thomas Drance and yourself… 

I have no idea where some people's fascination with blaming some media pundit for all the bad in the world comes from. If anything, Drance has been shockingly optimistic recently. He was one of the few people who wouldn't back down, even in December, that this team would likely be finishing in the mid/high 80s point wise by the end of season.

Further more, the "business expectation" you refer to isn't Drances plan in the slightest. He doesn't think we should tear it down. He's been open about his idea of how to turn this franchise around, he says it at nauseum. It's "just stop digging". He doesn't want the team to make bold moves to change the franchise drastically, he just wants the team to sit back and slow roll things for a bit.

If a post is a regurgitation point for point something a pundit said, I would have time for that argument. But I have never heard Drance express any of these ideas before. This post, to me, shows you actually don't know Drances take on things and in reality just want someone to blame. I don't even like Drance myself, I find him generally loud and pushy (which are the type of people I find irritating). But the fascination by some to blame him for every bad take is weird.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Like 2
  • Wat 1

9 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

God damn… this is the toxic negativity drance passes onto the fan base, literally implies unrealistic business expectations, trust me management is 1000 times more competent than Thomas Drance and yourself… 

Yeah, and tear it down to what? Wait and pray for another 10 years or more? 

Just ask Buffalo, Edmonton, Arizona, etc, how that's working out. 

First of all, unless you have the right mind "building" the team, it's all for not. 

Four 1st OA picks, 3rd OA, Nurse, and what? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Drance is an a hole. He is a complete scumbag that is always over excited, sarcastic, always negative and an arrogant pompous clown. He has no credibility and doesn’t add to anything when it comes to his take on the Canucks. If it’s not his vision, it’s wrong. Sorry Drance, you’re just a rat “reporter”. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Even after Lysell’s weak WJC performance, he still might have a bit of promise with the rookie campaign he’s having in the A. Would you consider doing something like this:

To Van:

Smith 
Lysell 

To Bos:

3rd round pick 

Yeah I make that trade.  Smith is on an expiring contract. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Drance is an a hole. He is a complete scumbag that is always over excited, sarcastic, always negative and an arrogant pompous clown. He has no credibility and doesn’t add to anything when it comes to his take on the Canucks. If it’s not his vision, it’s wrong. Sorry Drance, you’re just a rat “reporter”. 

I’ve always said he’s nothing more than your average Canucks twitter troll who somehow managed to get his hands on media credentials. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I have no idea where some people's fascination with blaming some media pundit for all the bad in the world comes from. If anything, Drance has been shockingly optimistic recently. He was one of the few people who wouldn't back down, even in December, that this team would likely be finishing in the mid/high 80s point wise by the end of season.

Further more, the "business expectation" you refer to isn't Drances plan in the slightest. He doesn't think we should tear it down. He's been open about his idea of how to turn this franchise around, he says it at nauseum. It's "just stop digging". He doesn't want the team to make bold moves to change the franchise drastically, he just wants the team to sit back and slow roll things for a bit.

If a post is a regurgitation point for point something a pundit said, I would have time for that argument. But I have never heard Drance express any of these ideas before.

Drance has contradicted his points over and over again, also he will just bash on players then interview them later that day playing all buddy buddy in the dressing room… he’s toxic AF and anybody that fails to see that is also enabling and encouraging that behaviour from our media members.

Example faber is a great media guy, he criticizes when criticism is needed and optimistic when it’s due, drance will double down when he’s wrong rather than admit it which shows me he’s a condescending person… 

I mean torts recent comments kinda says it all, a lot of our media is a bunch of goofs 

• Like 1

Just now, Pears said:

I’ve always said he’s nothing more than your average Canucks twitter troll who somehow managed to get his hands on media credentials. 

He plays a part. The fact so many people are constantly upset with him means he does it well. That's how media works, and that's why he gets the credential. He generates far more conversation then a guy like Shah who generally gets far more radio and tv time. 

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He plays a part. The fact so many people are constantly upset with him means he does it well. That's how media works, and that's why he gets the credential. He generates far more conversation then a guy like Shah who generally gets far more radio and tv time. 

Yo I think I found Drances account! 

• Haha 3

Just now, LegionOfDoom said:

Drance has contradicted his points over and over again, also he will just bash on players then interview them later that day playing all buddy buddy in the dressing room… he’s toxic AF and anybody that fails to see that is also enabling and encouraging that behaviour from our media members.

Example faber is a great media guy, he criticizes when criticism is needed and optimistic when it’s due, drance will double down when he’s wrong rather than admit it which shows me he’s a condescending person… 

I mean torts recent comments kinda says it all, a lot of our media is a bunch of goofs 

Yeaaah, I disagree with you on that first point. You go from saying he constantly contradicts himself to he will double down. Now I'll agree with the double down thing, he definitely does that. He's unwavering in his opinion, and there's aspects to that quality I respect. But I don't hear him contradict himself.

Faber is one my favorites as well. But the fact people are so upset about Drance means he's doing his job well. He even says it on the air, it's a part he plays. If he's being blamed for all negativity in Vancouver, that means he spell worked on you.

Clearly the franchise likes him, then give him an hour and a half of radio a day and throw him on tv from time to time. In contrast to someone truely negative like Paterson who had his media privileges revoked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Yo I think I found Drances account! 

Again, if you actually followed Drance you would know he uses Artem Chubarov as he handle, not an actor. I just find it humour he has the ability to live rent free in some many people's heads. He's such a troll, I bet that makes his day.

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I find it comical that Gavrikov is worth a 1st and 3rd or + and some media continue to suggest Schenn is worth a 3rd. Schenn's value is a 2nd + it is insane to think otherwise lol

I mean... Gavrikov plays toughs and averages 5 more minutes of ice time a night. Gavrikov is the far superior player and a team will pony up to get him because of that.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

And that’s precisely why Sat gets said radio and tv time, because he’s a genuine professional.

41 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

If a post is a regurgitation point for point something a pundit said, I would have time for that argument. But I have never heard Drance express any of these ideas before. This post, to me, shows you actually don't know Drances take on things and in reality just want someone to blame. I don't even like Drance myself, I find him generally loud and pushy (which are the type of people I find irritating). But the fascination by some to blame him for every bad take is weird.

I'm with you on your take of Drance. People who constantly bash him don't actually hear him and what his points are. If they did, they'd understand him better. He has lots of great insight. But good luck trying to find anyone who will actually argue Drance's points, point by point, as they'll quickly resort to bashing him without ever discussing his points. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

And that’s precisely why Sat gets said radio and tv time, because he’s a genuine professional.

But Drance still gets to make a career out of interviewing hockey players, executives and taking hockey. Reckon a lot of people around here would take that job in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm with you on your take of Drance. People who constantly bash him don't actually hear him and what his points are. If they did, they'd understand him better. He has lots of great insight. But good luck trying to find anyone who will actually argue Drance's points, point by point, as they'll quickly resort to bashing him without ever discussing his points. 

Be careful now, anyone who actually listens to different people's arguments, including Drance,s points instead of just saying bALd MAn BaD gets criticized dismissed.

• There it is 1

20 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Again, if you actually followed Drance you would know he uses Artem Chubarov as he handle, not an actor. I just find it humour he has the ability to live rent free in some many people's heads. He's such a troll, I bet that makes his day.

Does he use lube or spit? 

• RoughGame 2

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I mean... Gavrikov plays toughs and averages 5 more minutes of ice time a night. Gavrikov is the far superior player and a team will pony up to get him because of that.

A good pickup by Boston.  The Bruins got a great player in Lindholm last deadline and kept him.  They know how to build a defence.  

• Upvote 1