The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

Kravtsov way more upside with size and talent..

Lockwood had 18 points in 26 games in Abby this year and was one of their most consistent scorers and certainly one of their main impact players.  He's a pretty complete, 200ft player. 

To me it all comes down to his durability.  If he can stay healthy and Krav flops, it's a huge win for NYR

3 minutes ago, Petterson649 said:

Wasn't Lockwood the type of player we need to keep? Defensive, aggressive, gritty checking forward?

Traded for a russian clueless jake virtanen

There's a reason he's a former 9th overall who didn't crack the team. Its called a BUST kids

You are 100 percent wrong.. Big transition young man coming to North America his English wasn't good and hard for players to fit in ?

Did you forget we had Tryamkin and how hard it was for him?? 

You don't know what your talking about..Don't say Kravtsov is Virtanen????

Your comments are ridiculous,...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

People love to nit pick every move we make no matter how small especially with their personal bias against current or past regimes.  This was a great move while giving up nothing.  It's pretty simple.

Lockwood is a great player who works his ass off.  Krav is nothing but potential with a floater reputation.  It's a reasonable gamble, but NYR could just as easily win big on this trade in the end.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

You are 100 percent wrong.. Big transition young man coming to North America his English wasn't good and hard for players to fit in ?

What has kravstov done to deserve all these accolades?

Just now, wildcam said:

Kravtsov 6'3 -23 - Way more talented then Lockwood..

Lockwood  5'10 --24 - 1 GP NHL 28 -- G 0 -- A 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lockwood had 18 points in 26 games in Abby this year and was one of their most consistent scorers and certainly one of their main impact players.  He's a pretty complete, 200ft player. 

To me it all comes down to his durability.  If he can stay healthy and Krav flops, it's a huge win for NYR

A huge win?

I wouldn’t go that far. Fourth liners are not hard to come by.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lockwood is a great player who works his ass off.  Krav is nothing but potential with a floater reputation.  It's a reasonable gamble, but NYR could just as easily win big on this trade in the end.

Lockwood is a great player for AHL, Vancouver (unfortunately) playing in NHL. This is nothing to compare here, even if Kravy go back to Russia for free, we win this deal. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

A huge win?

I wouldn’t go that far. Fourth liners are not hard to come by.

I said could be.  It could very easily be krav busts, goes back to Russia and Lockwood becomes a solid 3-4th liner who hits and puts up 25-30 points.

Again, I don't have an issue with the trade, it's a calculated risk I'm ok with

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, mordekai said:

The 2026 year is a deep draft ::D

other than that I m not sure either.

Have to be deeper then the Pacific Ocean to get a winner in the 7th round. But then wasn't Honey Badger a 7th round pick? So could happen, but the odds favour us I think!

Will be interesting.......size and speed is great but he's never been a big scorer.  Just reading that he doesn't throw his weight around neither.  So what is he exactly?  I think we can appreciate that he's only 23 and only has 50ish NHL games in 3 years under his belt so there's so much unknown here.  Pretty low risk overall so I'm happy with this trade.....especially if we were not going anywhere with Lockwood.  With that said, landing excellent defensive forwards right now could be really useful and perhaps he can be that presence if the finishing isn't there.

I love this move but it's not likely a needle mover for the club.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

NHL games 1 point -- 28 games Lockwood -  Small depth for injuries not NHL future..

Kravtsov -- way more talent and size...

Love that we don’t have to wait to see him on the big club.

Interesting that signing Mikheyev influenced Kuz to join, and likely now Kravtsov. That’s a hell of an ROI for a UFA.

Gonchar as the former National Team Coach was also very strategic as both a draw for Russians, and offensive d coach to get the most out of Hughes.

Still wrapping my head around getting Kuz, on pace for 45g, for no assets. Basically allowed us to trade another ppg forward for futures.

2 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If you are excited by Bear, I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason he's been on three teams and is very young. I mean a dman who can compliment Hughes, so Hughes doesn't have to do all the scoring on the back end. Take some of the pressure off. Bear is a 6th/7th dman on a good team.

*sigh* ... my pet peeve:

Hughes doesn't need other D-men telling him how great he is, he needs a partner whose playing style complements his.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1