The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

16 minutes ago, lmm said:

6'3" 186#

is Petey a power forward as well?

where do you get words like pedigree from?

Pedigree is draft pedigree and high expectations when drafted 

and honestly petey has a power element to his game that’s developing and as his body matures to his frame I do think he will have a power side to his game 100% I’ve felt like that for a long time.

and I think when that time comes he will be a scary dominant player

and Filip Forsberg is defined as a power forward in the league today so is JT Miller.

I don’t think he’s going to be a Tom Wilson / Ferland type of power forward ofc 

25 minutes ago, danaimo said:

Can someone explain to my why NYR did this trade. It seems like a great trade for the Canucks but what were the Rangers thinking. People have said that NYR need to shed cap space to accommodate a Kane trade, but Kratsov is on league minimum and not likely to get more next year. Have I missed something 

The 2026 year is a deep draft ::D

other than that I m not sure either.

I like the trade - Good to see us finally adding some size with skill to make a tougher matchup with a potential 3rd line with new comers Raty and Kravtsov on it. 

Lockwood was just too small to play the game he did - specially on a team full of undersized forwards like ours. 

Not sold that Kravtsov will actually play out - this is a very cheap price for high potential with a pretty impressive draft and post draft recorded.  While there were other factors at play for the Rangers they certainly just seemed to want to move him at almost any return just to get him out the door. 

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Bit of a difference between a CDC poster and a NHL Head Coach. 

Even if all things being equal, ask someone before stepping in front of the press after a trade just occurred. 

I mean he was recently a NHL analyst on TBS. One ought to be forgiven for assuming that he knows a thing or two about a player or two. 

I mean he’s a fringe NHL player right now I don’t expect Tocchett to know about every prospect in the league that’s not fair.

Hes worried about the players he has now. I’m sure he’ll learn all about him.

• Upvote 1

Details on Kravtsov’s trade request:

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-vitali-kravtsov-requested-trade/

“Kravtsov, 23, has six points in 28 games this season for the Rangers. He will be an RFA with arbitration rights in July and GM Chris Drury was already probably looking to move him by the Deadline to avoid a messy contract negotiation as well.

Regarding a possible return for Kravtsov, back in December, a knowledgeable source put his value at no higher than a second-round pick and more likely a third. Seeing where things are now, the Rangers will likely take that deal or a prospect in a similar situation that is either a center or a defenseman.”

• Thanks 1

SCOUTING REPORT

Is an offensive dynamo with tremendous skill with the puck. Is also an extremely good skater with a very projectable (6-2) frame. Can be a game-breaking, offensive force when he is on the ice. His play when he does not have the puck still leaves something to be desired, so he needs to improve his defensive game in order to maximize output in North America. Must also get stronger.

Long Range Potential:Ultra-skilled, talented winger with major upside.

• Thanks 1