The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Riley Stillman to Sabres for Josh Bloom

3 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Some comments from the Sabres sub:

“This trade makes no sense, I feel like the value we traded vs the value we got in return is severely lacking. I’m fine with it I guess but it definitely isn’t going to change anything.”

”Terrible trade because, and I can tell you seriously, we wanted a FASTman not a STILLman … the prospect we sent was literally about to bloom in Roch next year”

”So upon researching Stillman I don't like this trade. Horrible defensive analytics. I would have rather kept Bloom”

They dont know it yet

But he will change their lives forever.

As he did mine. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

There's a good chance this prospect never makes the NHL and we gave up a complete plug for him.

This is almost a nothing trade, and nothing trades don't come close to addressing critical organizational needs.

$1.4m in salary relief is something dude. And we got it for free basically. Are you really not able to see 1 step in ahead on these things?

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Haters continue to act as if Benning is still running this team.. he isn't.

Getting rid of Stillman without paying/retaining AND getting an okay prospect? 10/10 trade.

I haven’t looked but if someone is complaining about this.

Go Away GIF

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • There it is 1

Bloom looks like a pretty good player in development. Already has good size, skates well, nice shot, point-a-game producer.

Does he join Abby next season? This trade also clears cap space. Canucks might be up to something big.

Do they feel some confidence going with Wolanin and Brisebois on the left side?  Is OEL and Dermott back soon?

• Like 1